Followers

11/14/2012

Fall

Hello and Good Morning. I'm back again with a Fall card for a little break between the Christmas cards. I have a couple birthday cards I have to get ready too, so that will make a little diversion with all the Christmas stuff. This card was made with the Inkadinkadoo green colored (like the PB slapstick stamps) rubber stamp. It's a solid stamp, but I choose to cut the sentiment apart from the motif so I could diecut with S/binders Large Label Small, then mat with the S/B Large Label Large. (what a clever way for them to differentiate the die! LOL). When I first started to buy these dies, I didn't realize they came in large & small sizes for a reason. So I'd look at the die, say "Oh I've got that one", not realizing that one needed both sizes in order to be able to cut nice mats. I had a real steep learning curve! Also I had not left the dies with the 'cover' that came with them, so then I didn't know if I had the small or large size. Had to go hunting on the internet for dimensions of the different sizes, measure mine in order to see which one I had The sentiment was diecut with the S/B Mat A that was released this year...a handy die to have in your stash. I did use a different marker-type to color the sentiment letters, a sort of metallic green. The main image was done with copics and Spica pens.  Anyhoo... after diecutting this image, I used some more of H/Lobby's sale papers, which are probably Paper Studio, for a nice fall mat, which you can't really see here. Thus the extra leaves added for some trim, a bit of dimension. The leaves were diecut with Impression Obsession leaf diecut, then sponged with Distress Inks in colors that worked with the individual colors of each leaf. Oh yes, I did use the Out-of-the-Box technique to cut the image, so that I could get the complete grape cluster. There are several good Youtubes on this technique, and it's one I really like. Hope you will enjoy. Have a super middle of the week day! See you soon. 

5 comments:

Craftyhugs said...

What a beutiful Fall card. I love the colours and the images. Its just gorgeous. hugs xx

Bernie said...

Simply Gorgeous Mary! Love the colors, wish I could color so well. Thanks for the tip about the dies, learn something new every day.
Hugs
Bernie

Brenda said...

Wow, wow, wow! I am so in love with this card Mary!!! It is stunning! Your coloring is so beautiful on this card, and of course every card!! I love that SB mats, and I didn't know that you had to buy the large and small SB sets. I guess that is why I have a hard time with my one set and complain that they need different sizes to go with. lol Maybe they do have it and I just thought I have that. I declare you learn something everyday! Hope hubby was able to get his root canal and is doing good!!!

KellyRae, in Arizona said...

Beautiful card Mary. Love the rich fall colors. What a hoot about the dies sizes. I had that same problem. Tip: I store my dies in the clear SU cases (the ones for their cling stamps) and sometimes I'm able to get all 4 versions in the case, other times I can only fit the large and small. I use magnetic vent covers from our Home Depot as inserts and the dies adhere quite nicely. (I did start with business card magnets but I like the full coverage of the magnetic vent covers - I can cut 3 pieces from one cover). Thanks for your inspiration!

Bonnie said...

What beautiful, vibrant colors! Beautiful!