Followers

3/24/2013

Christmas

Good afternoon, and a very warm welcome to some new followers. I'm very grateful you decided to spend a little time with me, and will do my very best to visit at your blogs too! Sandra at Stamping for Pleasure  very kindly hosts a Rudolph Day on the 25th of each month to enable some of us to get a jumpstart on creating some Christmas cards. I hope you'll give a look-in, & perhaps decide to join in. It's always fun, and there's some awesome cards to drool over.

Now this is my very first center step card, and I'm not too pleased with it. I certainly hope I can improve on my next one. Keeping a promise to myself, that I'd post even the 'not-so-great' cards, here goes:

- Stamp is Great Impressions, on Copic Xpress paper, colored with Copics, some Spica pens for glitter. Diecut with S/B Classic squares. Mat was just cut to fit the diecut.
- Papers are from a 4 1/4 x 6 3/4 pack of Christmas themed papers that was purchased at the local Hobby Lobby. (Think it's called Old World Christmas, and there is a 12x12 in the same theme).
- die is by the Stamp Doctor (see picture)
- sentiment stamped with SU Regal Red, with a stamp from stash. This card will fold flat for mailing.

This is the die I used to cut the card. I know it should be easy to do, but I felt very clumsy with it. The diecut shows where to make the folds...but I think it's something I shall just have to practice with decorating with the papers, or else use a very pretty & decorative base cardstock and not bother with the decorations! Oh well, I'm learning....

Thanks for joining me. I have another card ready to enter in Rudolph's Challenge, and as I'm not real happy with this one I think it shall just stay here on the blog as one of my experiments! Have a great afternoon. Hugs.

4 comments:

  1. I didn't realize there was a die for a step card! Love the cute image! See you at Rudolph Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are braver than me as I haven't ever managed to make a step card!!!

    I do want to try...see ya over at Rudolph Day...heading over there now!!! Your image is a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The stamped image is cute, and so beautifully coloured.

    Hugs
    Debs x

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is such a cute little 'rudolph' image! i didn't know there was a die either.

    ReplyDelete