Get Well card

Good afternoon, and one load of river rock has been delivered, shoveled, and one more ordered. When I saw the first 'scoop' dumped on our driveway pullout, I said "That's not going to be enough", so the driver said he'd bring another scoop, as he had another delivery to our area. (DH had said when I was placing the order "One scoop will BE enough!". WRONG!). Anyway, after DH planted 2 rose bushes, he felt sorry for me, came over to help, and we got the first load spread where I wanted it. It's too hot, and we're too tired to even start on this 2nd load. Will try to get it spread either this evening after it is cool, IF we are up to it...which is looking doubtful at the moment!!! EDIT: Someone asked me what the DH stood's Dear Husband, or Darling Husband OR...depending on your mood....something else Husband! :-) LOL (I meant Dratted...!!!)On to the card:
We heard yesterday that a cousin is having some surgery this afternoon, so I wanted to get a card off to him. I had some bits & pieces ready, so assembled a card (fairly quickly for me, as I don't work fast). I just noticed the purple piece is not straight...sure didn't catch that last night. I used some pretty apple green textured Bazzill from my stash, not sure of the specific color name. The purple & green were lightweight cardstock pieces that were on the desk, probably Recollections. I embossed the purple rectangle with C/Bug Musical Flourish, the green with Distressed Stripes. The focal image was stamped with Magenta Stamp 3F154J (which I am finding is quite a versatile little stamp). I had stamped up a couple images using this stamp, so I had it ready except for die cutting. I had used Distress Ink bundled sage to stamp the image, then colored with some Marvy Le Pens that I discovered in a If It's Paper store that has recently opened in our area. I believe these pens are for writing, as the tip is very fine, but I wanted to color the little purple spikes on the image and these worked perfectly. Used Spellbinder Label One (Die #4) to cut & emboss the image. Used Distress inks bundled sage and milled lavendar around the outer edges. I tore a scrap of vellum, stamped the sentiment with one of the Momento dark purple die inks, heat embossed with clear, and called it finished. I have to get this in the mail today, and I have to say, the purple rectangle looks less straight in the scan, than it does IRL. Have a great Monday afternoon.


  1. Beautiful card Mary and such a pretty image. I often find that things can look wonky in photos (I don't scan) when IRL they're fine. Weird huh - also, colours can match perfectly IRL but look different when in digital format. I'm reliably informed that this is due to different inks etc. I like that as an excuse/reason :) Di xx

  2. Thanks Di. I like that excuse too. I'll use that one next time!!!!


Thanks for visiting and I'll do my best to get back to you! And yes, I have tried on the last posts to add my own comment right after publishing. Still not helping the issue, but thanks for everyone who suggested I do this! LOL

Trying to keep up with using the reading list or remembering to check awaiting publication.

Please read my Data Protection and Private Policy Page. This blog is created with Blogspot, a Google product, and is hosted by Google. The privacy policy & terms of service for Google products apply. By checking the box next to "I want to receive notifications," you can subscribe to follow-up comments by email. Current comment subscriptions can be unsubscribed at any time by removing the check mark or using a link in the notification email