Followers

8/14/2012

Birds and flowers

Thanks for stopping by this afternoon, and a Big Welcome to my newest follower. Does everyone get as excited as I do, when you see a new face in the Follower tab? I see so many blogs with hundreds of followers, and wonder, how does the blogger know there is a new person who is interested in what they are doing? Anyway, I have a card to share, part of which was done before my 'puny days'. I had been experimenting with a new folder (believe it is Sizzix, but not positive). It's done on cream cardstock, but looks white in the picture.The embossed/folded piece was on my desk, so when I finished coloring the bird, it was easily drafted into a card. Not sure yet as to what sentiment will go inside. Believe I'll keep the front as it is. The bird and flower stamp is a Stacy Stamp I've had for a while. I had some images already stamped, which I colored while lolling in the recliner many weeks ago. I think I had 4 images  on the paper, and I colored each one differently, just experimenting with the copic colors. I started with a Golden Finch coloration, but then decided, Hey, it 'could be' a bluebird. Used a S/binder circle to cut out the image using the 'out-of-the-box' technique on one of the dogwood blossoms. The branch is a MS twig punch on some green paper that was handy. Could this be a snippet??? I don't see a current invite to join the ladies in the playground...bummer...but I'd have to watch them having fun without joining in. Howsomever, I did get an offer of something nice to drink if I showed up...hmmmm...Hope you like the card. I'm trying to get back in the swing. Addendum: I forgot to mention, I had stamped the images onto a piece of cardstock, not paying attention. This was NOT done on Neenah or my favorite Copic Xpress. Despite the bleeding on the back, I still was ok with the result. However, it is a mistake I will be careful to not make again. There is just no way to describe the difference on coloring/blending on quality cardstock when compared with a 'generic' cardstock.

PS again! Pixie kindly wrote to tell me that the playground activity is still going on and since I have what could be termed some 'snippets', (pre-made embossed card waiting to be used, and precolored image...waiting for a card), well, I must dash over & see if the ladies will at least let me sit quietly while they are on the slides. I hope the offer of a nice drink-y still holds. .

6 comments:

  1. Hi Mary - fabulous! It's a snippet make alright and Mr Linky was posted on Sunday 12th August so if you follow my email you should be fine to link.

    Such a pretty card and the stamp (and your colouring) is gorgeous!

    Now, I really must go to bed! ZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a cracker. Love the colours. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh that's LOVELY Mary xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! Beautiful colour combo and that stamp is lovely. Was thinking I'd just sit quietly in the paddling pool. come and join me if you like x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty card, Mary. I'm still bringing drinks, but you still have to promise you won't get too woooozy and try and go down the slide!! All in good time!

    ReplyDelete