Good afternoon. Thanks so very much for all the kind words about the Veterans Tribute card of yesterday. I'm glad if you liked the card, even happier if it caused anyone to stop & say Thank You to a Veteran of the armed services - in ANY country!
Welcome to a new follower Linda (Lindy Lou) of Life in the Craft Lane. Thanks for joining here as a follower. Linda & I met up over at Loll's Tag Challenge...so it's a great place to meet new friends as well as enjoy some tag fun. Please do take time to surf over and say Hello to Linda.
The Twelve Tags of Christmas Challenge is still going on over at Stamping with Loll and since there are a couple things under way on the Carolina Cards' messy desk, I managed to finish up another tag.
This one was inspired by a Jill Foster piece done for Penny Black.
- tag was sponged using Archival Saffron & a large dauber. Edges were inked with Memento Peanut Brittle, then darkened with Espresso Truffle. Wiped off with a paper towel, as the Archival ink was coming off on my fingers.
- Applied Viva Décor Modeling Cream in Pearl with TCW Mini Texturized stencil, to create some dimension. Dried overnight, sponged a light coat of Saffron over the paste and wiped it off. Didn't not get the darker vintage appearance that Jill achieved using a gesso layer, which I liked better.
- Inked a portion of an Impression Obsession Music Cover a Card with Memento Rich Cocoa and stamped a few bars. Found a Christmas sentiment that would fit the space, stamped with Rich Cocoa.
- Poppy Blooming Poinsettia die cut sponged with Sepia and Vermillion Archival inks; green leaf with Olive & Library green. Center of the poinsettia was colored with a WoS orange. After assembling the flower, brushed top leaf with WoS clear. The WoS did not turn sparkly as usual, but dried with a white look. Sponged more of Vermillion over this leaf. Ditto on the green. The WoS has never done this before--hmmm. Dunno if the inked surface was still 'wet' or perhaps the 2 products don't react well together???? Something to remember next time.
- added some fibers and a twill ribbon to the top, tied with a gold cord, then frayed the cord. That's it! Hope this one meets all the criteria of the challenge, which is stamps + ink, plus two other elements which add texture and/or dimension. Won't you come along & play in Loll's fun Tag Challenge?
Thanks for joining me this afternoon. It's about 80F outside and lovely. Hard to believe we have colder weather on the way. Ya'll have a great afternoon. Big Hugs.