Followers

12/22/2012

Christmas

Brenda's card
Hello and welcome on a beautiful Saturday afternoon. Our winds have died down, although it is a bit crisp & clear around my house today. Lovely day for a walk - although I won't be taking one! I'm scurrying around trying to get things done up, so we can leave on our trip south. I'm odd, I guess...but I always like to leave things tidied up when we go away. As my Mama used to say, "You don't want somebody coming in should something go wrong, and saying 'What a dirty housekeeper SHE was'!" Funny how some things stick with you over the years. The truth is if something happened, who CARES what they find in your house???? LOL! Now here's another lovely handmade card we received. The simplicity of this design just blew me away, yet the textures and message of this card are awesome. I hope you will enjoy it as much as we have.
Here's another picture of the way these cards are displayed. Years ago we found this 'angel tree stand' at some store, and even if we don't put up many decorations - as some years has been the case - this is one that we always get out of storage. It's probably not a very good way to display the cards, because some get hidden and you have to 'look through them' to really appreciate the cards. Yet I love it. Another of my 'passions' along with cardinals, is that I love anything Angel. Happy Saturday before Christmas and many hugs. Come again.
 

2 comments:

  1. Great way to display cards, Mary! Hope y'all have a safe and wonderful trip!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card. Simple and yet precisely captures what Christmas is all about.
    I like to leave my house tidy before a trip...I think it is because I din't want to clean when i am tired...and there is always all the new things you bought on the trip to keep you busy enough finding them homes. teehee

    My Mum always aaid...make sure you have clean under ware on...you never know when you might get in an accident and have to go to the hospital!!!

    ReplyDelete