This card is pretty much a total SNIPPET card (that sounds so much nicer than saying Scraps, doesn't it?).
- used a negative diecut from another project (diecut was from S/Binders Label 14 as a mask, to airbrush light toned Copics in BG, G, & YG colors. First laid down a layer of the BG (probably BG000). Then I saw a metal filigree cap from one of the 'smelly jars' that I keep around in the basement. When the wax stuff had dried, I saved the cap, because I thought it was pretty ...and what could I use it for? So I had set it over on the airbrush table. Was just messing about one evening, as I had not airbrushed for a while, the negative piece was to hand, so off I go. I put the cap over the first airbrushed layer, then started in with the greens. The cap is round, so I just moved it around as I played.
- Next I found the negative pieces from where I had diecut some Memory Box flower stems, and thought "Hmmm, wonder how that would look?". Got some darker BG's and away again. That didn't look too awful, but I put it aside until later.
- Found some snippets of the teal & vanilla cardstock, decided to diecut some more stems for dimension. There was also a Memory Box green flourish (sorry I don't remember the name of the die!) that had been left on the table (ah, another snippet) . I just played around with arranging the materials on the airbrushed piece until I got something that I thought I sort of liked. Could this be a card? Well, you tell me!
- Decided I needed 3 ribbon flowers & some pearl centers in the mix- ribbon flowers were handy on the messy desk, as were the tiny yellow pearls
- hunted up some ribbon to make a bow to hide the stems. Used an MS corner punch to dress up a bit. Found a piece of Coord'nations that would size for a card (snippet!). Embossed with a Darice Basketweave folder, then sanded it a little - also got a tear at the very top. Had to stick some tape on the inside, but I think the insert will hide it, and it's not too evident on the front.
- one more snippet made the sentiment...which was too small to use a die...so trimmed it, cut a V shape...Called it done.
I'm off to Pixie's Playground with this one...it really & truly is made up of snippets! I invite you to come along, see what lovely projects are submitted, and even think about joining in all the fun. It's a great way to clear off some
stuff snippets off your work area, plus create something wonderful. Have a Blessed Day. Come again soon. Hugs
Oops...nearly forgot to share my little Redbud tree...this little guy is about 3 yrs old and always blooms after all our neighbors' trees. I don't know what the official name is...that's what the species is called around here. Just in the lefthand side, is visible our October Glory Maple, which has buds.