Hi and I'm back with a totally experimental card. I've had gelatos for some time, never used them. Also had some of the Dylusions sprays, ditto. A stamp buddy is really into this Dylusions stuff, and doing some fantastic work; at our last gathering, she brought some supplies and we watched her create. So....little Miss Copy thought "let me try that"...although my friend does a lot of Altered Art, which I don't (and expect I shall not either!). So Thursday at our meeting, I took some watercolor paper, some sprays and just for grunts - grabbed up my container of the gelatos. I was not very adept with the sprays & stencils. Much too heavy handed and I got basically blobs...not very pretty blobs either! Then Miss Friend showed me how to ease up on the spray pump, spritz the paper, and watch the blobs run. Pretty (not as pretty as HERS of course, but better than with the stencil). OK, I'm finished with that trial, so I got out the gelatos. I had recently seen a post by Sue at Inky Fingers where she used the gelatos direct to rubber. I just searched for that particular post so I could link directly to it, but can't find it at the moment, so I'll describe what I did. Thanks Sue, for giving me the how-to's, and the inspiration.
- image is a large SU butterfly, and was done on watercolor paper
- spritzed the image with water, then scribbled various colors of yellow, red, blue & green gelatos all over the stamp. Spritzed it once more, then stamped on the w/c paper. Oh my...very pretty. This is about the 4th generation of the stamping. I would touch a bit more gelato to an area, if it looked like it didn't have 'enough' on it, spritz again, stamp again. The result on this one was quite pale, but still pretty. Once I got home, started looking at the 3 images I did (gave the 1st one - which was very vivid - away), I thought it looked a bit washed out. Hmmm...what if I stamped the butterfly over the image with black Ranger Archival Ink? I did, liked the look of it. It wasn't an exact overlay, but I thought it looked pretty good. This image is large, and I had a hard time fitting to my usual size card. Also I had cut 8 1/2x11 w/c paper into even segments, which was a tad too short for the butterfly to fit on it completely. But, again, this was experimenting. Had no final project in mind.
- fussy cut out the image. I had some of the gold glitter mist setting on the shelf, and since I was just 'playing', I spritzed some of that on the image and let it dry overnight. Don't usually like that stuff either...makes blobs for me. Not sure the photo shows it up well, but it did create a nice shimmery look to the butterfly. Next day, I still liked the results, so tried to decide how I could use it.
- inked with Versamark & stamped a smaller butterfly onto folded black cardstock - then used some Dreamweavers mica powders to brush over the versamark; burnished this with a paper towel to remove excess powder. It doesn't show well in the photo, but it's a pretty effect I think.
- found a cling Stampendous phrase on a set, so used the ribbon banners S/binder to cut out a bit of the black c/s, stamped sentiment in versamark, heat embossed with Queen's Gold. The die was not quite wide enough to get all the bits of the phrase in. Lastly, I curled a bit of copper wire to add to the antennae with Glossy Accents.
Hope I didn't bore you to death with the details. When I'm looking at a card that has something 'new' to me, I like to read how it was done. I hope all the blah-blah will help anyone reading this who wants to try the technique. These gelatos are something I will be practicing with (along with the Dylusions sprays!). It's fun to try new stuff, even if it doesn't turn out quite perfect!
Thanks for visiting today, hope you enjoyed my experiment, and come again soon. Have a lovely afternoon. Hugs