First though, let me extend a warm welcome to my newest follower, Tammy of Tammy's Spot. So happy to have you visit here, and hope you'll like what you see! Many of you already know about Tammy's wonderful blog, but for those who might not, please pop over to say Hello.
Now onto the Butterfly card:
This card was inspired by Friend Donna of Creative Smiles after seeing how she made a recent card. I've seen other bloggers use this die technique; had just finished this bit of color play, and decided to try the technique for this card.
First the mixed media paper had been watercolored using an old Stargazer watercolor set I found.
- dampened the w/c paper, and using a wet brush, applied swaths of autumn tone colors in stripes down the length of the paper. Let that dry. Using Distress Inks in Fired Brick, Wild Honey, Spiced Marmalade and Mowed Lawn and a small stencil brush, applied these inks using a MB butterfly stencil.
This is the stencil I've used recently for paste embossing and was not pleased with the results achieved. Worked a bit better using inks & brush to stencil - think the card photo shows the stenciled butterflies. IRL they show better.
Staz On Saddle Brown stamped some butterflies from a clear set purchased at a consignment/garage sale. This set was quite brittle, and in removing one from the clear sheet. it simply tore apart. Lesson learned: perhaps don't buy acrylic sets from consignment or garage sales in future. I'm glad I didn't spend a lot of money for this set. Would have been a waste, because I think this set will get trashed as being unusable.
Wet a tiny brush, inked with some of the purple stargazer, and did a bit of outlining while the stencil was still in place. Shows up nicely IRL but think you can see a little bit of it in the photo.
- die cut both sides of the dried piece with S/B curved bracket - using 2 of the dies for each cut (one is decorative, one cut the curved edge shape). Adhered to cream card base. Used the cut off waste from the bracket to adhere to the inside right of the card base - on the right side of the cream edge. Cut the card front with the same dies so that this color would show.
- Fern is a snippet from a past project trying to the inlay technique. Had used UTEE on the die cut positive piece, and then it didn't fit back well into the negative cut. It's been on the desk for a while. Gold butterfly is an outline sticker, applied over a snippet of clear packaging from a S/Binder.
- sentiment stamped using the Saddle Brown. That's it! Hope seeing the supply pictures helped to explain the how-to's. This was a fun card to make, and was done in bits & pieces as a thought to 'try this' would occur.
Ya'll have a wonderful day. I'm off to link up at Mrs. A's Butterfly Challenge and the Snippets Playground Week 145. Sorry I missed World Card Day yesterday, but was just too busy to participate. Hope your day was just grand. Hugs
Edit: Just realized this might work in the Mixed Media Challenge Card Challenge #4 (which is vintage) so I hope this could meet the requirements! It's kind of 'vintage' as some of the supplies were pretty vintage for sure!!!(the Art Quest mica paints!)