The card I finished is not what I started out to make. I have had the Tim Holtz Carolers die for a while, and when I saw Sue's choice, I thought "Aha, finally will use this die". So cut some chipboard & black cardstock using this die. Layered these together, and then discovered, the images are quite a bit larger than appropriate for the size of card I usually make. So what to do? Remembered another PBlack image in the stash, with Caroling Penguins and thought "These are carol singers too" so off I go last evening to hunt up this stamp. (and not so easy to do in the mess I have! LOL).
Had made up some backgrounds after seeing this pretty card over at Benzi's (she has a link to the SCS tutorial for this alcohol marker marbling technique). So basically all I needed to do was stamp the image using Staz On Black, and do a little coloring. Just loved the result I got trying this new-to-me technique with copics.
- Copic alcohol markers in shades of blue were scribbled over a taped Ziploc baggie in random splodges, then spritzed with rubbing alcohol from a spray bottle. Then a piece of glossy cardstock was placed down on the wet ink and lifted. You can see the lovely marbling achieved. Please do visit Benzi's tutorial link to the Splitcoast Stampers video showing exactly how to do this. It's such fun (and easy too!).
- PB Caroling penguins stamped in Black Staz On since I didn't know how my usual Memento black tuxedo would work over the glossy marbling. Stamped the same image on 3 different Christmas patterned papers, cut out the hats & scarves and did some paper piecing. Once the pieces were glued to the main image, highlighted with some copic markers and spica pens.
- Beaks & feet were colored with yellow, then orange Spica pens. Decided to try Orange Wink of Stella and liked the darker look much better. White gel pen around the hat fur & pom-pom. Thought about adding some glitter while the ink was wet, decided not to. Some Spica green & red on the holly that is on the song books.
- Stickles Star dust added for the snow flakes and snow, and then added some Sparkle n Sprinkle Twinkling Clouds for the dusting of snow.
- Memory Box Lamp die - light colored with WoS. Sentiment is from the PB stamp set.
- Silver glitter mat, then placed over another marbled c/s before adhering to the card base.
Thanks for joining me today. Will be back in a bit with a 2nd post. Do check out the other Christmas Cards submitted to our challenge by the Club Members that are listed in the side bar. Big Hugs. Enjoy your day.
Here's the plastic baggie taped down over a piece of paper the size of the card stock used to marble. The underneath paper serves as a template to aid in placing the marker colors. Bottle is labeled as to contents. Do please check out the tutorial video..it's fun to watch it.
Edit: Also linking this to the Penny Black and More October Challenge: Get Ahead for Christmas and CHNC Challenge Extra for October. (Thanks, Hazel - for reminding me!)