Followers

12/17/2014

DeeDee's Digis - Winter Woods

Hello from sunny South Florida where it's a gorgeous afternoon. Warm, not hot, just very pleasant. We left South Carolina in rain & light fog, after stopping for breakfast at a local Cracker Barrel. For those not familiar with this chain, the restaurant serves old fashioned food, and we try to stop at these restaurants when we travel. You always know what to expect, prices are reasonable, and service is usually very good. I slept most of the trip, which saves wear & tear on both our nerves. My DH is a good driver, but I'm a nervous passenger. We saw 3 very serious tractor trailer accidents coming south, two of which were on our side of the highway. One slowed traffic down a bit, but we still made good time, and were thankful that it was an uneventful trip for us personally.

I was doing some cards late Monday night (actually early Tuesday morning...about 1:30 am!) to try to post for my DeeDee's Digi DT assignment. I've mentioned that I am a very slow cardmaker. Each of these cards took about 10 minutes, which testifies to the ease of using these digis. The longest part for each card, was finding a die to fit the image as I had printed it. Fortunately there were some S/Binders handy (received from Stamping Scrapping) so it was fairly easy to pick one and get started.

Here's one that is very simply done..


- Winter Woods Digi  printed and used with no shading. Die cut with a S/B Nestability Label 42 - purchased on Black Friday from Stamping Scrapping. Good price, fast shipping. Some DI blue for corner shading.

S/B Mary Border DCWV pack of gauze fabric like paper. Thought it looked nice with the shades of color on the digi. Neutral brown dp from a 6x6 pack.

Folks that's it! When you're in a big hurry to finish a personalized card, you can't beat this effort! This image has some nice sentiments with, that could be used for many occasions. I plan to add something for a winter birthday. May add a die cut deer prior to sending, but at least I have it ready. Apologies for the poor photo. No lightbox setup here with me, so this was taken outside in the sunlight, placed upon a glass table top. Laptop doesn't have my watermark files stored on it. Ah, the pleasures of travel when you can't take all your toys along.

Please do check out DeeDee's great supply of digis if you're in need of some cards in a hurry. I can personally vouch for the fact that even if you're slow like I am, you can still do a nice card using an image found there.

We have received some lovely cards that I hope to share on the Friends Cards tab. Just didn't get time to  post prior to leaving for our holiday. I hope to import them while away, if things work properly with the laptop & camera. And many thanks for all the lovely comments about the Noel cards. When able to access email via the laptop mail program - which is an online email different from the Microsoft program used at home - there were over 100 emails. I apologize, but I will not be able to return visits to all the wonderful bloggers who were kind enough to look & comment. I'm never certain how much storage space the IP allows me, so published and then deleted a lot of the emails. But thank you for each one...DH was pleased that most commenters liked the red background best. I was happy with each card (you know, I'm my worst critic!), but I have to 'fess up that my favorite was the green Noel.

Bye for now. Thanks for visiting & have a wonderful day. I think we're off to find some lunch in a bit. I'm ready! God Bless & Big Hugs

19 comments:

  1. Another of your brilliant cards, love it.
    Have a wonderful trip, I am sure you will.
    Love eating at Cracker Barrel, shopping there as well. Bought lots of little Christmas goodies when we were in Florida in October. We keep saying we would love to get one of their rocking chairs!!

    Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Mary this is really beautiful. I love these colours. Waauw.
    Hugs Veerle Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card Mary I like the image
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary, this is a fantastic card!!!! Love that image and the die you used to frame him with. Great for any guy - or maybe even a gal too.
    Hope y'all have a lovely trip.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so gorgeous!! I love the moose!! You framed him perfectly!! What a fabulous card!!

    Love Crackle Barrel!! Chicken tenders...yum...or Old Timers Breakfast!! When traveling in an RV, it's one of the few places that have parking plus you know the food will always be good!! Have a great time in Florida with your family!! Hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card Mary. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Mary - The pre-coloured digi images are a real boon for fast cardmaking.
    I do all my work on the laptop, and store a lot of my images on an external hard drive.
    Good to hear your journey was safe!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the card.

    Glad you got safely to Florida. I hate seeing accidents. Hope no one was hurt.

    You relax and enjoy your time away. Sue

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card, even if it was a quick one. I think my internet problems are finally resolved so I will try to get back to more regular visiting after Christmas. I looked back to your Noel cards and I like the purple one, but I would also choose the green one if the flowers behind it were red! Have a lovely time in Florida. Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card Mary! Love the image - it has a nice masculine look to it too! Have a great time in Florida - you lucky thing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The deer digi looks great with that die cut, Mary. Glad you arrived safely. Enjoy yourself & your family!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card!! Have a great trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a wonderful masculine card Momma Mary! I love the browns and blues together, makes for a nice color combo. I also love that SB and the one that cut out the blue. I'm so happy to hear that you got down there safe and sound!! I hate when I see accidents when traveling, makes me nervous. Have a great time! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well let me try this again, says it didn't go through so if you get 2 you will know why! I love this masculine card Momma Mary, the color combo is lovely and I love all the die cuts using SB's. You have the best SB's. lol I'm so happy to hear that you got down there safe and sound. I hate seeing accidents when I travel, it makes me nervous. Glad you napped, I'm getting to the point it is easier for me to nap too when going long distances so I don't scare DH. Have a great time!!! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this image Mary, you've made a great card with it.

    Sorry haven't time to say more. mwah!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This moose is a beauty Mary and love the shape you have given it with the die, and also love the background die cut strip against that dark brown background. x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Brilliant card Mary. Enjoy the rest of your trip. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm so glad you've arrived safely! Hope you have a wonderful visit with your DD. Love the moose and as always, you've given him a perfect home!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful card and love the image -must admit I loved the purple Noel lol
    carol x

    ReplyDelete