Our Challenge Sponsor is Happy Little Stampers
The winner of December's challenge will receive this stamp
Let's get started with my first card using some created backgrounds:
- Lil Inker Stitched Stars from bkground created by rubbing DI Blueprint Sketch, directly to c/s, generous inking. Spritzed a floral stamp with some pearly spray, and did a ghost stamping over the inked paper. Didn't show up very well, so.....die cut the stars. The top right star was rolled through a crimper to give some texture. Both stars had some Delicata Silver color rubbed around. Silver paper and silver glitter paper star centers added.
- another background, sprayed with Dylusions London Blue, spritzed with a Tattered Angels gold spray. While still wet, sprinkled some white brusho crystals over it. Then die cut with a Wplus9 Starry background die (this is small, so did the first cut, then reversed the c/s and cut the other side. This left a small impression, so the rhinestone snowflakes were added to conceal this). Gold glitter paper placed behind the starry background.
- Vellum stamped with HLS Mixed Christmas Sentiments using Delicata Silver, then heat embossed with Judikins Aegean Silver. Tiny silver stars cut with MB Precious Stars (small die); added in some of the Starry background confetti stars.
OK...I wasn't totally happy with #1 so decided to work on #2, and go for a more natural effect.
- Paper Studio Handmade Paper (VOS) covered the top fold card.
- Balsa wood 'paper' cut with the Simon Says Chisholm Wreath and very pleased to say it cut this fairly intricate die quite well on this thicker paper product. Used several passes, but it cut nicely.
- MB Precious Stars(large die) cut from some Very Old Stash old gold textured paper. I liked the texture look.
- HLS Mixed Christmas Sentiments stamped on vellum, inked with Delicata Gold, and heat embossed with Sparkle n Sprinkle Pebbled Copper Opaque EP. This is not a detail EP, and so it didn't give the fine detail on the lettering. However, I decided to go with it as is, because it sort of goes with the 'natural' look of the rest of the card. The tiny cardinals are part of the Chisolm Wreath set, cut at the same time as the wreath.
HLS has some great stamp sets available, and I'm finding the sentiment sets to be so useful. Now do be sure to check out what my fellow DT members have shared for the HLS December Christmas challenge, and perhaps you could win this month's prize stamp set.
Thanks for visiting, and hope you enjoy both of these STAR cards! Hugs & God Bless.