Hello again, and time for the group of ladies calling ourselves The Christmas Card Club. We are a group of cardmakers, who choose to make Christmas cards all year long, in order to have a little stash on hand, come December. We submit a card every 2 weeks, based on a theme that one member has selected for that date. If you'd like to join in the fun, do leave us a message, so that we can get you the info as to how to join us. (very easy to do!). All the members are listed on my right sidebar, so you can check out their styles.
This week the choice was Icicles, picked by Sweet Kate (known to us as Culliesocks). So here's my take on Icicles, and I hope Kate will approve of my design.
- PSX image, colored with copics, WoS and such fun. It looks intimidating, with all the intricate details, but actually was quite fun to color. First airbrushed the background, after using a masking product called Molotow Masking Pen. I didn't want to have to cut a paper mask for all the elements, so just got the pen flowing (it took a bit to get the fluid down to the nib). Colored very quickly those things I didn't want the copic blues to get on; airbrushed various blues & blue violet copics to look like a stormy snowy sky. Once the airbrush no longer felt 'sticky' as it can with layers of ink - just used my fingers to 'rub up' the blue mask and it came _right off_ . No lifting of a finicky paper mask in areas where I didn't want extraneous ink either.
- for the icicles, I used a Sparkle n Sprinkle Brushable glue on the roof, the snow covered ground, just any place I thought needed snow & ice. Then generously sprinkled on some SnS Sparkling Snow Semi-Transparent glitter. This stuff really sparkles just as ice really does. Also added in some Ranger Star Dust Stickles in a few places as well.
- using 2 sizes of stitched squares, created a frame from silver glitter paper.
- Royal Blue Mirror paper was embossed with a 6x6 Crafters Companion snowflake EF.
- HLS Mixed Christmas Sentiments inked with Delicata Silver, then sprinkled some Judikens Aegean Silver over the ink & heat embossed. So pretty. The strip was too white when added to the card. Removed (carefully!) and used some DI Stormy Sky over it, added some Star Dust Stickles around, and readhered it.
I hope you enjoyed the Icicles card, and please do take time to visit my team mates, (list in the sidebar) and see some fabulous interpretations on Kate's choice this time.
Coming to you from beautifully sunny & lovely South Florida with lots of Cyber Hugs.