Good afternoon, and TGIF. Hope the weather is not too awful where you may be in the world. We've had a quiet week - and I had a fun afternoon out with a local stamp friend, whom I'd not seen for a while. Followed by a nice lunch which was also very pleasant.
I've been trying to color a few St. Paddy's day images along with the Valentines. Also saw a pretty background here. Since I know that Carol does lovely quilt backgrounds & patterns, I asked if this was one of her efforts or just design paper (it was DP), and she kindly sent me links for a bargello technique. I tried - and dang, was it difficult. I used a sheet of double adhesive paper, cut various sized strips of papers, and went to work. You know how hard it is to apply a skinny strip of paper to sticky paper & get it on straight? (and I've done Seminole quilt piecing with fabric and it's much easier). Well, I finally got a background, but mine sure didn't look like it ought to. After all the work involved (not to mention some discouraging words uttered) I wasn't gonna toss it. So it became the background for this card, and in looking at the photo, I realize just how well I've covered it up too!
- Whipper Snapper Cling St. Pat's Hat image (CU039) colored with copics. Don't remember which die set this came from (and I also have to hunt through the magnet art bins to find the sheet where it needs to be re-homed). I think it's a S/Binder die, but not sure. Another S/B die cut the green mat behind the image, and the S/B Lattice die was cut from white, snipped in half, to make the bottom mat layer. A S/B Shapeability Die, Gold Elements cut the bottom mat layer - 2 pieces to make a square base. All this adhered to the bargello pattern created paper.
- Sentiment stamped on torn vellum with DI Mowed Lawn, heat embossed with clear detail powder (and it still doesn't show up well).
- 2 Impression Obsession shamrocks from green snippet added on the torn vellum - to cover up the glue dots used to adhere.
Have a great day. Thanks for dropping in. Hugs