Followers

10/21/2012

Class Cards

Ritz Glitter Class card
Hello, Welcome and Happy Sunday Afternoon.
Today's card share is a class sample made in the Ritz Glitter class I took with a stamp friend on Friday evening. Oh what fun did we have at
Scrapbook Creations  in Spartanburg, SC, with the very talented & very patient Anita as our teacher. As you may -or may not- remember, I've have this class before, but I always learn something new - or refresh something I've forgotten. Happens a lot. LOL. Anyway, this sample is the reason I took the first class some time ago. DH saw the sample in the store and said "This is beautiful...you need to take this class", so I did. In the other Ritz Glitter classes I've taken, we've made many different cards using different aspects of the Ritz techniques. Anita had us do this sample again as one of our several Friday night class projects. She said it is the most requested of the projects, and I understand why. It's my favorite of all the things I've done in these classes. Ok, here's the specs:
Sookwang tape on lightweight c/stock
Ritz Glitter - remove backing from Sookwang on the c/stock, dip piece in Ritz cool white highlight. Brush off excess glitter. Then burnish well, becomes like velvet, won't fall off.
Elizabeth Craft Outline Stickers - holly. Place carefully on the white glitter, tap down well.
Copics of your choice to color holly leaves. Touch copic nib lightly to the glittered surface to shade; use blender pen to pull  color towards holly leaf tip.
Elizabeth Craft Jewels for the holly (although I colored underneath my jewels with a red copic as well)
Brown copic for leaf branch.
Holly piece adhered to dark brown c/stock
Dark Green Bazzill textured card base
Gold Shimmerz sheet for bottom trim, after having been embossed with a Provo folder. We had several from which to choose, & I don't know the name of this one.
Gold trim adhered to c/base, holly piece adhered to card front.
 
There is also an Elizabeth Craft Merry Christmas sticker to be adhered onto the white glittered surface, but these are so popular, the store had sold out. These stickers can be colored with markers too.  I think I have some in my stash. We were reminded that alcohol markers were best to use with this technique, as waterbased markers tend to bleed or run.

There are lots of Youtubes available on this technique, so if it is of interest to you, search on Ritz Glitter. A very fun technique that gets awesome results. Hope you enjoyed this share, and as always, thanks so much for stopping to visit. Have a Blessed afternoon.

8 comments:

  1. What a great card honey! I love the embossed feature at the bottom and the colours. Holly image is lush. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, Mary! Great technique! Love it! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card. Can see why you like making it. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Didn't realise you could colour glitter card like that! Stunning card - thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is one of my favorite techniques...I cannot seem to get enough of it. I have a lot of card samples in my gallery at Stamp TV. This card is absolutely GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How elegant and rich! I see why it's a most requested project!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMWord Mary this card is stunning! It is so elegant!! I love the holly leaves and love how you colored them! The papers you used with the image just make this card even more stunning! You rock my friend! Now I need to take a class like this! lol

    ReplyDelete