Good evening, and hope that your weekend was just grand. We had some much cooler weather, a bit of rain, but otherwise, all was quiet. I'm still recuperating from my allergy attack and trying to get my energy back.
The challenge over at the Christmas Card Club for this time was chosen by our Miss Zoe: A button, 3 brads and 1 other accessory. With those thoughts in mind, here's the card I created:
- Image is a fairly largish, old wooden Magenta stamp. Used Memento Blue Danube and Paris Dusk to ink up the rubber (added Paris Dusk after seeing the Blue Danube didn't appear as dark as needed). Used Bonnie's Best stamp press to ink the image onto the paper, and it worked well to get clear crisp details of the stamp.
- die cut with largest die of S/B Majestic Labels Eight- which removed some of the edge details of the stamped image. Used a finger dauber to smudge some Paris Dusk on the outer edges of the die cut, to give a bit of definition as I didn't want to add a mat to this already large piece. Mounted on foam tape.
- 3 tiny white brads in the upper left corner.
- 2 score lines at the bottom of the navy card base; 2 bands of narrow white grosgrain ribbon added between the score lines. Blue 'crystal' button from the old button box stash, added some white twine as a small bow, with a blue rhinestone in the center.
- additional accessory was the stamped SU sentiment, punched with a SU punch, 2 blue rhinestones for trim. Pretty simple card, and this image is a NBUS.
The Christmas Club Card members are listed in the side bar, so if you have time, check out some of the other members' cards for this week's challenge.
Thanks for popping in this evening for a visit, and many thanks for all the comments wishing me a fast recuperation. Very much appreciated. I'm on meds, but may have to get back to the doctor for the usual antibiotic and prednisone, which I've been trying to avoid. Wishing you a lovely week, with great weather, fun things to do with your time. I'll be back as soon as energy levels allow. Hugs & God Bless.