Warm welcomes extended to Miss Anne of Stamps and Paper who has become my latest follower. We met at the Snippets Playground. There's the nicest & most talented folks who hang out there, so if you've never had the pleasure of a visit there, you really should take time to check it out. Fun place. Lots of inspiration.
In the recent snippet cleanup, I found a bunch of stamped images from ?who knows how long ago? - way back when I was in a Thursday stamping group. Today's card was done from a discovery of stamped images - don't know who owned the stamp. My photography is terrible, because I was really pleased with the willow buds IRL but the colors just don't show up nicely in the photo. This was a pretty fast card to make up too. (and I don't work fast either :) )
- House Mouse design (guess it could be a snippet? It's found in the stash!). Love these cuties, but never feel that I do justice to coloring the mouse if I use brown family colors. Normally I reach for the copic grays. I tried again with the earthtones, then blended using the gray. S/Binder die cut, edged with a gold copic - which really looks more like a mustard color to me. I didn't want to mat this die cut, but it needed some definition at the edges.
- started with R0000 on the stems & buds. Came back along some areas of the stem with some pale YG and then blended in darker grays. On the buds & 'blossoms' did the same pinks & YG (not blending - just added touches of color), then blended with a C00. In the shadow part I added C02. Used a silver Wink of Stella over the blossoms, and they sparkle like dew. I'm disappointed the photo didn't capture this.
- butterflies were from a snippet of vellum, scribbled the same previous pinks & greens. Had to go to darker shades to get something dark enough when punched, that it would show up. Stayed in the pink & green family though. Punched with a multi size MS punch. The lower butterflies are covering up a smudge so just added the top 2 for balance. Pearl bodies.
- snippet grass die cut from an Impression Obsession die, top layer mounted on foam tape to create some depth.
- S/B curved bracket for the cutout and a lavender snippet taped under this so that the white card base would not show.
- the card front is from a 6x6 Colorbox pack found in Walmart, and it had lots of bright spring colors. I can't resist paper, so it came home. Will add the appropriate die cut sentiment at the bottom edge as needed.
No new papers were harmed in the making of this card, but a few snippets did get used up. So off to the Snippet Playground I will go. Week 122 is still open for 14 more hours. Don't you want to come along for a visit?
Thanks for popping in this afternoon. Hugs.