Afternoon, and welcome. It's time again for our Christmas Card Club challenge, and our theme of Poinsettias was chosen by our sweet Hostess, Margaret. I'm running a little behind in my post but here I am...I hope when you leave Carolina Cards, you'll have time to check out all the Club members who are listed in the sidebar, & take a look at what each member has shared today. Let's get going:
- PSX image (K1519) bought some years ago from eBay. Stamped first in Black Tuxedo, didn't like it, flipped over the c/s - restamped in Rich Cocoa, liked it better. Of course it's colored with copics, but you knew that, right??? Used the Slicca gold Pentel pen to add some highlights on the greenery, which shows up quite nicely IRL. White gel pen on the pine cones, Orange WoS on the stamens.
- Die cut with S/B Label 25. Edged with DI Pine Needles - barely. Just wanted a smidgen of color.
- Authentique 6x6 Festive papers...I think this is one of my fav Authentique packs.
- old braid from the stash - VOS.
- Sizzix TH 660058 die set for the sentiment...2 white layers, then a gold snippet layer. After seeing the photo, realized the focal piece needed to be moved up just a little. It's mounted over the braid - which is a bit thick, with double pieces of foam tape, so wasn't difficult to 'unstick' and move up.
This braid _is_ thick, so rather than have a 'hump' where the top & bottom pieces are glued to the cardbase, I added a thin piece of fun foam under the dp, cut just a bit smaller. Then mounted the fun foam to the card base. I've seen Jennifer McGuire doing this in some Youtubes, and think it worked well for a smoother look.
Thanks for joining me on this Sunday afternoon, where March 1 came in like a Lamb. Always heard that if March came in like a Lamb (quietly) it would be roaring out like a Lion (windy/stormy). We have had rain, but don't think we got the ice that was predicted. I'm happy with that! So please come again when you have time, and do take time to visit my fellow Christmas Card Club Members for some wonderful inspiration. Big Hugs