Happy Sunday evening. Our day has been quiet, drizzly rain off & on. Cleaned the bed linens, did some paperwork. Our credit card was compromised, and I caught fraudulent charges on our last bill, to the tune of nearly $550.00 in charges over a 2 day period. It was used in the sort of places where we would normally use it, but in several cities in South Carolina where we have never been. So word to the wise: check your credit card charges frequently (on line if you can) but most definitely check your bill when it comes in. Normally I'd have been checking on line every few days, but then we get busy with other stuff & I neglected to do that. However, I do check all receipts against the bill when it comes in, and that's how I caught this. Visa is doing a Fraud claim, so don't think we'll be responsible since I reported it, but there is some paperwork involved. Plus we had to wait for new credit cards to be mailed. Fortunately we keep one that is used only for online orders & emergencies, so we didn't have to resort to cash!
Would like to extend a big warm welcome to a new follower, Eileen Godwin of Eileen's Crafty Zone. After enjoying those marvelous Youtube videos recently, I googled and found Eileen's lovely blog, left her a comment, and oh my goodness, she took time to come over to visit & become a follower. I was so overwhelmed, because I can see she is one busy crafty lady. So do yourself a BIG treat, check out those videos, and visit Eileen's blog for some fantastic inspiration.
Today is another card from the DeeDee's Digis set, Gifts of Spring (remember I mentioned it had several designs in this set?)
- precolored DeeDee's digi, with some copic shading, diecut with the S/B Oval Bliss. First effort, I did the out-of-the-box cutting to leave Bunny's ears out of the die. That didn't work out just right, so What to Do? Used scissors to cut out the oval, ditch the lace. Recut the die with plain white snippet and popped Bunny right over it. With all the other 'schtuff' it's not really noticeable that this is 2 layers.
- K&Co 8x8 spring pack (VOS) yielded the papers. Glued 2 different pinks, used a Darice Easter Egg EF to emboss (doesn't show up too much). Used a pretty piece of lace (stash) over the seam.
- Sue Wilson NYork Collection Times Square cut the frame from more of the K&Co paper.
- Suede paper snippet cut bunnies from IO dies (DIE168-C & DIE043-G)...2 different sizes.
- Fussy cut the posies from another print of this digi, and garnished the DeeDee's Digi sentiment.
That's it. The current challenge at Cuttlebug Mania is Freeze Frame. I think this one might fit in with that, and since the repair oval bliss & suede wabbits are snippety bits, think I might just mosey along over to give Parsnip a little hug. Sad to say, I've been neglecting him lately. I hope he will forgive me, and give me a big hug right back. Also saw some wonderful inspiring cards highlighted when I checked to see that a new week is open at the Snippets Playground (week 169). So com'on - check out these challenges.
Also, don't be forgettin' about Rudy Day which is opening on the 25th! Be there, or be square!
Thanks for popping in. (oh yes, I totally forgot my 3rd Blogaversary which was March 12th! So Happy Blogaversary to ME!) Hugs, and God Bless.