Hello and welcome to a scheduled post. Today's card has been finished for a while, but has been weighted down due to curling edges! The card front is a heavier water color paper. Started off with a Tim Holtz Scribble stencil, mixed up some white embossing paste with acrylic inks. Then think some watercolors were puddled around (smooshed) to create the top colors. (gosh, it's been so long, I don't honestly remember what created the background, but pretty sure it was watercolor of some sort).
Once again, tried my hand at frontage**. This stuff is a copper flake type of stuff, think it's made by Stampendous. On the stenciled area, dropped the flakes into the still damp paste, and then once this had dried, used some versamark over the top area, dropped some more copper flakes. Used a heat gun from underneath to try to adhere it. Something I must be doing wrong, cause this stuff just doesn't like me. Finally put out some glue, used tweezers, dipped the flakes into the glue, onto the card. The stuff is still falling off! What has stayed put, looks ok I guess.
**Edit: For the sweet commenters who suggested trying to heat the frontage from underneath, I did try that. (and have with other efforts). Also very gently from the top, with the heat tool a distance away, moving and not staying on one spot. I just can't seem to manage to get the stuff to stick. This particular one was more of a 'flake' than the chunkier powders I've tried that are labeled frontage. But it was _supposed_ to stick when heated, according to the directions on the jar.
Butterfly has been floating around in the Crapalanche for a while, and it had been colored with Zig watercolor brushes, after being embossed with clear EP over black inking. Added some Bronze irResistible pico overe the body and on the wings. Doesn't show well in the photo, but IRL it looks quite nice with the copper flakes.
A die sentiment was covered with versamark, embossed with a WOW copper EP. While still warm from the heat gun, applied more versamark, EP, heat...Did this 3 times to get a very textured and dimensional appearance to the die cut that I liked. Rounded off the corners, and called it done. Then put under a stack of acrylic stamp blocks to press out the curling watercolor front. This will probably become a birthday card.
Ya'll have a grand day. Sharing a couple photos of the bathroom project...the demolition crew showed up Tuesday, in the rain. We'd had lovely days, so of course it's Murphy's Law, that it would rain on the day this tear out would take place. A bathroom window had to be dismantled in the pouring rain, so that the crew could toss the debris into a waiting dump truck. I could just envision them having difficulty replacing the sashes back in the track, and me being stuck with an open window and it raining. Pleased to report the crew were efficient, professional, and despite having to track in through the wet, left the area pretty clean. Hope the rest of this project will go as smoothly as this part did!
Come again when you can. Blessings.
The wood stuff was something from another project that was going to the dump. Our stuff is just the old marble walls and the glass blocks. Hopefully in a few weeks, I can share pictures of the finished project (fingers x'd!)