Hi - today is Christmas Card Club Sunday, and I'm a bit late with this post. Our group of cardmakers share a Christmas Card Challenge every other Sunday, and this week Lorraine of Rainey's Craft Room wanted to see Snowmen. So after apologies for being late, here is my Snowman.
- sky background airbrushed using a plastic cloud template, & various shades of Blue Violet, Blue, Bluegreen, in the 0000 & 000 shades. Finally sponged some DI blues in the corners to create a bit more depth.
- Sue Wilson tree dies cute from a snippet of dark green, added brushable glue once these were in place. Over the wet glue, sprinkled polar white flower soft (much of which has fallen off! I have the WORST luck with that stuff! I did press gently into place and let it dry too). Added some star dust stickles because the flower soft was such a disappointment as snow.
- Inkadinkadoo Snowman - stamped with Memento London Fog, colored with copics. Paper pieced his scarf, applied glossy accents on his vest, and some star dust stickles rubbed around his snowy tummy and hat.
- torn strips of American Crafts glitter paper for the snowy ground, then added star dust for ice.
- Impression Obsession deer cut from a velvet texture brown dp. His hooves have some stickles around his hooves.
Left off a sentiment --will decide as needed whether this will be a 'for winter' or 'for Christmas' card.
Hope that other folks have better luck with Flower Soft than I do. The flower soft glue is in a container that I fight with to try to squeeze the glue out. (store it upside down in a jar as directed in a class I took on Flower Soft. Have tried other glues - thick ones, thin ones. This time was a SnS Brushable glue, sprinkled the F/Soft the wet glue, pressed & let it dry. The stuff still fell off. I get very discouraged when trying to use this product. Be interested in hearing about your experiences with it or suggestions to make it less frustrating. It's so pretty if it works properly).
Please do see what my team mates have shared on our Snowman theme (blog links on the right side bar). Realized I've still got a couple wonderful birthday cards to post on the Cards by Friends Page too.
Have a great day, and hope it's cool where you are this afternoon. Thanks for joining me, and big hugs.