Have a bunch of Distress Paints* but had never tried using them until recently. (first effort on this card). Dab the paint over a stamp, stamp, and my mistake was using new bottles, and not creating a palette, but just dabbing right onto a stamp, which was not crisply etched. Used part of that effort where the color was too heavy, as the background behind the flowers on the Wild Hibiscus card.
*last year when Ranger was coming out with the color of the month, I bought these in sets, which included the stains - which I seldom remember to use - and the paints.
Since there was so much color still left on the flower stamp, spritzed it with more water, and pulled some more prints - until most of the color was gone from the stamp surface. The background on this card is from one of those prints, and actually looked quite nice (although the photo does not show it as well as I'd have liked- the ink had become quite pastel rather than bold)
Another try was to ink up the stamp surface with Versamark, emboss with SnS Belgian Crème EP. Not the best stamp to do this with, as it resulted in a totally embossed surface, which then got spattered with some of the spritzing ink because I didn't move it. (accidental spatters seem to work better for me, than if I deliberately try to spatter and get blobs). Cut some strips from this result to use as borders on this print. (yes I _know_ it's only paper! I like to think and see if mistakes can be used for something else!)
- Flower stamp from Just Rite's Let Your Soul Sing Clear set inked with WOW watermark pad, then used WOW Fool's Gold EP. The container looks like pink glitter, but embosses to a rather pinkish shade of gold. Quite pretty.
- Julie Ebersole Hello die cut from a white snippet, 2 layers from some packaging cardboard (not thick, but thicker than cardstock). Adhered the layers, then WOW embossing ink, sprinkled the Fool's Gold, heat embossed.
- blue DP from a Color box watercolor 8x8 paper pack (inexpensive - from Walmart, but thought the papers were pretty). Embossed with a folder that has a border on each side (sorry - don't remember the brand or EF name).
A fairly quick card, just took a while to do all the elements and thinking :-). Once the bits & pieces started to come together, it took about 10 minutes. At least it's a 'generic' card for the stash to have handy, and I learned some things (mostly about what NOT to do!).
Ya'll have a good evening, and come again. Big Hugs