Hello and welcome to the first Christmas Card Club challenge of 2017, and our sweet Dutchess selected our theme for this week: "Anything Goes". I must confess after the holidays, returning home from visiting the DD in sunny Florida, dealing with year end business and starting files for 2017, I did not have a great deal of Mojo. Had several ideas, but couldn't settle to any of them. Saw a sample on the back of a Penny Black package of the deer used on today's card, and Voila: This is what I did.
- the background was created using H20's (which I'd forgotten that I had, since I've not been very successful at using them well). Had seen a video by Jill Foster using Shimmerz paints, and thought to try the technique with the H20. Used Canson Mixed Media #98 paper; slightly wet the surface, just dabbed the different colors of H20 on it, using icycle, blues, lavendars, a rose gold and a buttercream yellow. The paper warped a bit as it was dried with a heat tool.
- Stamped tree stamp with Hero Arts Ombre green shades, then slightly reinked over that with Memento Northern Pine.
- Impression Obsession tree die cut from a textured Bazzill green, then used a finger dauber to add some Hero Arts Unicorn White for a snow 'effect'. once the trees were mounted on the card, added some glue, dropped Martha Stewart chunky glitter, and finally added some SnS Twinkling Clouds. The trees are mounted on foam.
- Fish tail banner cut from old dictionary page, and the other banner is a 'half-cut of a fishtail' from a previously created background. (snippet!)
- PBlack Leaping Deer cut from a created background - think it was done with brushos using Yupo paper, but not sure. There are 2 layers on the deer. Added some sparklies, an outline sticker sentiment, and that's it.
Hope you'll have time to visit my fellow team mates to see what they have shared for our first 2017 challenge. Also hope to do a post later this afternoon to add some pictures of cards that awaited us when we got home, and some of the snow pictures from the little storm we got Friday night.
Thanks for joining me today. Hope your New Year is off to a great start. Blessings & Hugs.