Welcome to Christmas Card Club Challenge #2, and the theme of North Star (or any stars) was chosen by our Maureen (Scraps of Life by Scrappymo). Reminder: Maureen is also the hostess for Rudolph Day, which will start on the 25th of each month and end on the last day.
Before sharing today's card, please help me give a warm welcome to Anne D of Cobnut Crafter. I met Anne when another blogger (Barb's Faraway Cards) gave a shout out to Anne. Anne is a new blogger in the UK, but her cards look as though she's been a card maker for long years. Thanks, Anne, for joining as a new follower, and I hope some of my friends will follow the link and come over to enjoy your beautiful work and become your friends too!
Here's the card with the Stars theme, & I chose the most beautiful & wonderful Star of all time:
- Background is Paper Studio silver star patterned vellum placed over a Paper Studio navy cardstock, then on a white top fold card base.
- DieVersions Three Kings (DV-522) was diecut from a lightweight cardboard from a piece used to hold the die in place when it shipped. (This die is a NBUS and the material is a snippet!). Used WOW clear embossing ink over the kings, then heat embossed with WOW Outerspace EP. (It looks quite like gunmetal gray, actually very pretty). Then placed the embossed piece on an old versamark ink pad that has gotten dirty, reinked it, then applied a coat of WOW Silver Pearl which added even greater sheen. Sorry the photo doesn't show it very well.
- White glitter paper that had previously cut a snow hill was trimmed to place at the bottom of the card.
- Star that is part of the Kings set, was trimmed from the die (it is attached to the nose of the right most camel on the die. I wanted to place it in the sky). This was heat embossed with the WOW Silver Pearl, 2 coats and IRL it gleams very nicely.
- Die-Version Word die cut from a snippet of white cardstock, then one coat of WOW Outerspace EP. Did not add another coat of the silver pearl, and IRL it looks much smoother than the Kings, also looks more like Liquid Platinum.
I hope you'll have time to check out my CCC team mates interpretation of Maureen's challenge. Their blogs are listed on the right sidebar.
Also joining in with Darnell's #8 NBUS Challenge, to celebrate her Blog Birthaversary.
You'll get lots of inspiration at both the NBUS and our group's Christmas Card Club, so I hope you have time to follow the links, maybe play along with the NBUS & Snippets Challenge. (you may ask: what is NBUS? Well, our Darnell coined that term. It means Never Before Used Schtuff, and we ALL have it! )
Thanks for joining me today, and hope you've had a terrific week. We had some 78F sunshine days, some cool gloomy days and Saturday - it rained most of the day.
Blessings & Hugs; Prayers to those who are in need of them. Come again when you can.