Good morning, and I'm skating in at the last moment to join in with the first Rudolph Day of 2017. Our hostess with the mostess is Maureen of Scraps of Life and this challenge is open each month from the 25th to the ending day of each month. It's a great way to have fun, build your stash of Christmas cards throughout the year, and perhaps win a nifty prize. AND to see some fabulous inspiration by all the folks who do join in with Rudy Day.
Here goes with my card, and it was hard to photo - the mirror paper creates a glare:
- Impression Obsession Fancy Ornament Die Set (DIE026-O) cut from watercolor weight paper. This had been given a watered glaze with Silk Glaze paint (NBUS) in a yellow green & sort of purple color. Because the paints had never been used, and were rather old, had to have some water added to the pot to make them easy to spread with a brush over the wet paper. After this dried, spritzed some water, then some Brusho crystals just to see what would happen. The gold specks showing in the filigree is actually the yellowish green Silk and the darker blue is from the purple Silk. Interesting effect, but rather lost when it was die cut.
- the underlay behind the ornament was cut with a classic S/B circle that fit the shape of the ornament.
- gold top of the ornament a tiny snippet left on some glitter paper and the bow was from a snippet of textured red. Sometimes it seems a bit is just too tiny to bother tossing in the snippet box, but it can come in handy for just the right use!!
- Rectangular gold mirror paper was a cut out snippet also from another project, and the embossed outlines are still visible.
- border strip cut from a purchased card received this past Christmas, and thought the traditional colors of the plaid would look ok as a border, plus the gold trim.
- White background embossed with a wood grain folder, and this too, was recycled from material that held a die. Embossed quite well, too!
- Avery Elle die set for the sentiment, cut from the same piece as the ornament.
That's all!! Off to link up at Rudolph Day before the linky expires. Hope to see you there!
Thanks for joining me, and have a wonderful day. Hugs.