Followers

3/27/2012

Truck Birthday Card

Good Morning...and once more Upstate SC has a beautiful day. A little breezy, but sunny. I have a post of DH's birthday card that I've been working on. The stamp is from Mark's Finest Papers, BigBoy Toys, and I used a Speedball Stamp Press to get a sharp image, as this was a clear stamp. The die was Spellbinders Label Nine (#5), and the sentiment was MSE My Sentiments Exactly, cut out with S/Binders Ribbon Tag Trio. I used Copics to color it (sorry, I just pick colors that I think will create the effect I have in my mind, and I don't write them down as I should).I distressed the outer edges with TH Distress ink, antique linen and tea dye.

 The brown mat was imbossed with the Cuttlebug Dots. I wanted to bring out some green, so I used the S/Binders Grand Scalloped Square to mat behind the brown. The scor-buddy was used for the lines at the bottom of the rust card stock, but doesn't show up too well in the photo. The border is an MS punch, that I thought wouldn't look 'too frilly' with this card, and I died some seam binding with Tim Holtz distress inks. I used Rusty Hinge & Barn Door on a non-stick mat, spritzed with water, then dragged the seam binding through the puddles. I had some white flowers lying on the desk, some puddled ink left over, so I dyed the flower, put a green gem on it, added that as well. Thankfully I won't have to mail this card, since it is so large. I have a habit of making a card that ends up larger than envelopes I have to fit it! Hope you like it. (Hope DH will like it too. He likes trucks!)

No comments:

Post a Comment