Followers

6/03/2012

Birthday

Hello. I'm sharing a card I created based on a video I saw on Gina K (http://stamptv.ning.com/video/wainscot-background). I didn't have the same stamps or paper colors, but I had similar items, so CASEd the card. It was a fast one. Actually the card IS on the cardbase evenly, although this picture doesn't appear so...it's operator error with the scanner!. I used an Inkadinkado stamp - probably from Michael's with a coupon :-) . Colored with copics, then masked, and airbrushed the background using different shades of blues; attempted to give the illusion of some clouds, and also some waves in the water. The image was cut with a S/Binders deckled oval, the largest in the set. Then I found some light blue, lightweight c/stock. Used the Scor-Pal to add some scoring 1/2" apart. Next, take the 'embossed side' of that paper, drag a Momento London Fog ink pad, direct to paper, dragging from the top down. Once You've covered the blue scored paper, flip it around, drag in a similar fashion from the other side. This looks much better IRLife than it does in the picture. I was so pleased with the effect I did a couple of other backgrounds, using some browns in different shades. Image was adhered to the 'wainscot' bkground, adhered to a piece of Kraft color c/stock, and the card base is black. I have a lot of birthdays in the next months, so this will probably get a Birthday sentiment...but for the moment, I've left it open. If I need a "Cheer up" card quickly, I have one. Sigh...always feels good to know one is prepared! Thanks for visiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment