Followers

6/05/2012

Thinking of you

A friend is going through a tough time health-wise at the moment, undergoing lots of painful & scary tests. She's a member of our Thursday stamp group. I wanted her to know that DH & I are thinking of her, sending up many prayers that all her tests are fine, and this rough patch will soon be in the past. The card specs are: Stamp-2002 SU rose, colored with copics...various pinks and greens. Diecut the image with S/Binders Petite Ovals Small, die #6, sponged with Distress Ink Tumbled glass while still in the die. The mauve mat is a Bazzill textured c/stock, diecut with S/B Labels 10, die #5. The lacey background was cut with the SU Lace punch, on Coordination White Wash paper, sponged with D/Ink Tumbled Glass. (I believe this particular SU punch has been retired this last go-round, so I'm happy to have it. It's quite versatile, and I think it is extremely elegant. I see a lot of cards on Pinterest that use this punch.) The sheer mauve ribbon was a bit I found in my stash. Then all of the elements were adhered to a Bazzill textured pink c/stock base. After adding the pearls to trim up the focal image, I decided I really ought to add a little sentiment, so I diecut a Labels trio, die #3, stamped with MFT Clearly Sentimental All Smiles clear stamp; using Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink in Maroon, then sponged around the edges. I sort of think I liked it better without the sentiment...but...
After the card was finished, I added a bit of Glossy Accent on some of the petals & leaves. I used the Copic Xpress paper in creating the image..it is my favorite paper to use, especially if I am using any shade of the reds. It is like coloring on the smoothest of silk, and even though I use Neenah also, I prefer the Xpress.

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous Card Mary! Lovely LO and your coloring is superb!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete