Followers

6/22/2012

Birthday

Good afternoon. We have a very hot & humid day here in the Upstate. I've been trying to do some 'weekend housework chores', as I have a Flower Soft class tomorrow at my favorite stamp store, Scrapbook Creations, in Spartanburg. Today I'm sharing a birthday birdhouse card I made for a friend. The image is a Penny Black stamp - colored with copics, diecut with a Spellbinder, sponged with Distress Ink while still in the die. Somehow I got something right around the chimney, so I used a glue pen, sprinkled a bit of MS very fine crystal glitter on the area to cover it. The design paper background was just straight-cut with my Genesis paper cutter (LOVE IT!), used a Fiskars corner punch to embellish. Design paper adhered to Kraft cardbase. I cut a slit in the cardbase fold with the Tim Holtz exacto tool so that I could thread the red grosgrain ribbon through & behind the focal image. Sentiment was computer printed, then diecut with a Spellbinder label die, sponged with Bundled Sage (to match the focal image sponging color). Added some red rhinestones, 2 buttons that have twine threaded through. Maybe after my Flower Soft class, when I use this image again,
I'll add some Flower Soft to the sunflower centers. I'm never very pleased with my Flower Soft efforts, so I'm hoping the class will have some tips I can use to improve my skills. Have a great afternoon and thanks for coming to visit.
Edit: I am trying to 'schedule' posts, and thought I had this one set up. It posted, but the image was not placed properly, so I don't know if I goofed up, or it was blogger. Think I'll blame it on blogger, but I think I have it looking the way it's supposed to now! Thank you also, to my new followers. I hope you will enjoy the cards & ramblings that get posted here. As always, I appreciate any feedback.


No comments:

Post a Comment