Followers

7/21/2012

Miscellaneous

Good morning, can't believe it is Saturday already (again!). Been a quiet week around our place. DH still doing the TLC bit, and I'm getting more coordinated in the use of the rolling walker. Have been trying to do some light arm & leg exercises. (Leg exercises important to prevent blood clots from forming due to so much sitting). We have some 2 & 3 lb dumbbells so DH hunted those up, as well as some stretchy ties that we've gotten at various physical therapy sessions each of us have had. When I get very bored, I go through a set of arm/leg exercises. Also get on the laptop, and look around to see what is going on in the card making world. Had thought to get my first cast off yesterday, but the appt got changed to the 30th, so that was disappointing. On a positive note, I have been able to sleep 2 nights in the basement bedroom, so that relieved my back from the constant sitting in the recliner. Even though it is a very comfortable recliner, still, my back gets tired (sounds silly I expect!). So I am just trying to continue to be a good patient, be appreciative of my special caregiver, and be comtent with my recovery process period. I keep reminding myself "It was YOUR decision to do this".  It may be a while still before I have any cards to post.  So have a wonderful weekend, and thanks for visitng.

4 comments:

  1. Progress is being made Mary and that's the important bit. Glad you're sleeping better too. Bet you can't wait to have the sun on your face again. Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Di, thanks for stopping in to see me. You betcha, I can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear you are a poorly Bunny. Hope you are hopping about very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mary,

    The 30th will be here soon!! And time does heal. I'm so glad to hear you have progressed to the bed!! That's a huge step forward when you can get a decent night of sleeping. Hang in there!!

    Hearts,
    Darnell

    ReplyDelete