Followers

2/03/2018

Christmas Card Club Challenge #3 - Angels

Welcome to #3 Christmas Card Club Challenge for 2018. This week's challenge theme is Angels or Fairies, chosen by Granmargaret.  I found a cute NBUS Inky Antic clear set that seemed to fit the bill. Did the first card, and was not real happy with how it turned out. I used a S/B die that I tried to shorten to fit the size of card that I generally make, and then wasn't thrilled with the color that the heat embossing powder turned out to be.

First however, please help me welcome a new follower: Sheryl, of I Am. I found Sheryl's blog when she was introduced by Maxine (Kiwime's Kreations) and popped over to say hello. Met Sheryl and now I, too,  have a new friend. If you have time, do please go over to say Hi to Sheryl, and enjoy what she is sharing. Isn't fun how we can meet new friends like this????

http://kiwimeskreations.blogspot.com/

#1




- S/B Flourished Frame cut the rounded center motif and the rectangle that fits around it. Edged the image with Wow embossing ink, then heat embossed with Ranger Queen's Gold. Used a White Pearl EP on the outer rectangle. To get a sheen on the angels' wings, I used a tiny brush coated with White Opal Liquid Pearls mixed with Stickles Star Dust, and that turned out with a nice sparkle. 

- Next mat layer is S/B Cascading Grace, which was much too large for the card base. Split the center portion out, joined with 1/8" double side adhesive. It doesn't meet just perfectly & that disappointed me.  Heat embossed with NBUS Altenew Peach EP, since I wanted to use the starry background DP. I'm not sure what made me think this peach color would look more like rose gold that would work with the dp. It's ok, but doesn't really float my boat. Used a gold braid ribbon, not thinking this would be too thick under the image and sentiment. Additionally it has a tendency to fray. Had tried another gold ribbon to hide the split in the mat, but it looked wimpy. Thought about this overnight, decided to have another try.

#2


Die cut the image - liked the coloring better in this card - with another die shape ( can't remember now which one it was!) Used a red Copic Spica pen to color the candles, orange for the flame.  Edged this die shape with embossing ink, then Altenew Platinum EP. Really liking this EP. Gold mat under this layer is S/B Gold Label #4. Covered cardstock with a sheet of double stick adhesive, then die cut. Embossed using the rubber pad; peeled off the top layer of the adhesive; sprinkled well with Ritz Glitter in a gold color. Burnished, but think some of the embossed areas around the outer edge might show in the photo.

Another S/B die for the bottom mat, did the same double stick adhesive gig, and sprinkled Cool White Glitter Ritz. This card looks much better IRL, than my photos show. Asked DH which he liked best, but he wouldn't commit. I like #2 better.

4 layers of white snippets cut with a MBox word die, layered , then heat embossed with Queen's Gold. The photo shows some white in the layers, so think a gold pen will fix this. The bottom edges of the word have Darice dimension strips tucked underneath, since the top part is resting on the die layers. So which do you like best?

Please take time to go visit my team members' interpretation of the Angels or Fairies Challenge. Their blog links are listed on the right side bar.

Have a great Sunday, God Bless, and I hope anyone who is dealing with the flu or any other sickness, will be feeling tiptop again real soon. Come again when you have time.


 

40 comments:

  1. Hi Mary this is a very cute card,I love it,well done my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary, those angels are so sweet both cards are perfect. I love your intricate die cut for your background and the gold embossing on the second :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful, Mary!! The singing angels are so sweet!! I love the way you framed them !! The gold is fabulous!! Gorgeous card!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. All the work was worth it in the end, because both cards turned out really nice! I do like the gold braid on the first card, it just looks regal somehow. The 2nd card is equally pretty with those turned over golden edges and how they match the sentiment perfectly! Two sweet angel cards, well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are both lovely, I think I like the 2nd coloring more and the fact that the background is more noticeable. Both are really adorable though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such sweet images Mary and your cards are just adorable...you put so much work into each element of your cards they really are a labour of love...hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Mary, Nice card.

    Hope you have a lovely day. Sue

    ReplyDelete
  8. How sweet ! What a beautiful image and two fabulous cards too.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  9. How cute is your card Mary. Never seen this stamp, but I have not kept up to date with things for ages. Love the beautiful die you have used on your card. Hope you are both doing well my friend. Hugs from a sunny but cold Scotland. Rita xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab cards Mary. It's fun to do different things with one stamp and you've created two lovely but very different cards. Love the details and the pretty colouring. Zoe x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What pretty angels Mary and I love the way you have coloured both, and you have done some beautiful layering on both, but perhaps I prefer the shape of the second, but both have some super embossing and love the blue with white spots in the background which makes a great contrast. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. How charming your little carolers are, Mary! I love that you made two cards to show how different they look with different die cuts, despite the same background papers and metallic elements. Really beautiful! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  13. These angels are beautiful and fantastic coloring. Like your embellishing on both cards!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sweet angels, Mary! Your coloring is perfect as always! Good for you in persevering on the first card. Now you have two more wonderful Christmas cards in your stash! We're looking for a rainy day today. Thankful to be snug, dry and well.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So sweet and pretty. Love the little angels and the way you did the background.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is beautiful, Mary! Love the coloring on those adorable angels. Love the die cut layers on both cards! How ambitious you are!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Mary,
    2 wonderfully created cards.
    Those Angels looks sooooooooooooo! sweet.
    Beautiful designs and you always put so much work into your creations.
    Love the colours and those gorgeous die cuts, and super use of snippets too.
    Love abd big crafty hugs from my house to yours. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am loving both of these cards Momma Mary! Those angels are just the sweetest and I really love how you colored both of them myself. They are both unique and so pretty! I also love the gold and the dies you used, and that braided trim is amazing! Fell right in love with that. lol Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  19. You've made a couple of really cute cards Mary and I cannot decided which I like best. There are bits from each that I like better so I guess a third card is needed!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Both versions of your cute angel cards is wonderful! I love the sweet angel image and the way you showcased them. Great coloring too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello Mary, two beautiful cards with such lovely angels, gorgeous image and beautifully designed too. lovely colours, perfect for the challenge, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is such a sweet image Mary and you have made two different cards and both lovely. Hope youa re both well. Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Two wonderful cards Mary - gorgeous diecutting and super cute images! Lovely! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  24. I think that both your cards are so beautiful Mary! Sometimes we have an idea on our mind and if the work doesn't is as the idea we don't like it.... But the work could be very good anyway!
    Love so much the first one with that amazing frame and the angels are lovely coloured! Also the second card looks great!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  25. Pretty stamp, pretty colouring and very pretty cards.
    I like both versions. I do not mind at all that the first one has the frame larger above the card. You could have even moved it higher so that the top of the angel image was at the fold of the base!

    I think the frame is so beautiful and intricate, that it looks fine however you chose to use it!

    The second looks great. The gold caught my eye and I loved that aspect of it!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Mary, Love the cards.Pretty image and lovely die cut backgrounds. The stamp was a wood mounted, but I unmounted it a few years ago. It does indeed stamp beautifully always a great impression. Doesn't lose the detail even when heat embossed. Hugs, Shaz XX

    ReplyDelete
  27. Two super cards Mary, such a sweet image and lovely designs.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  28. What super little angels these are and I love both of your cards. I really like those colours you have chosen for their gowns. Thse are perfect cards for the challenge. I went with the anything goes this time round as I had nothing suitable. hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Both beautiful cards love the cute image and die-cut frames
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  30. Both cards are beautiful Mary, I could not choose between them. The golden mats on each are so lovely and those three angels are just adorable, I love their sweet and happy looking faces! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  31. A really sweet image and lovely colours, My favourite is the first one with the lovely die and the starry background.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  32. Two beautiful cards with such lovely angels, gorgeous image and beautifully designed too Mary, love the die cuts and colours.
    Hugs Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  33. Tee hee Mary .. .. I'm pleased I am not the only one who thinks about cards overnight!!

    Two lovely cards. A sweet image and such a great die sentiment!

    Hope you had a good weekend.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  34. Such sweet cards Mary and yes blogland is a wonderful place for making new crafty friends!!
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love the images and your colouring of them, love the colours of the embossed dies, such pretty papers and sentiments too, both Beautiful cards Mary.
    Faith
    x

    ReplyDelete
  36. Both of your cards are so pretty! Such a sweet image and lovely dies!

    ReplyDelete
  37. I am always amazed how you put you cards together, so creative and just fabulous. Love both of the cards and great idea to mix the liquid pearls with the star dust, will be giving that one a try x

    ReplyDelete
  38. The trio of angels are so pretty. I love the liquid pearl effect. And you have the most amazing dies!

    ReplyDelete
  39. What a sweet image Mary...two cute cards. Carol x

    ReplyDelete