Followers

9/30/2018

Christmas Card Challenge #20

Good Morning, welcome to Challenge #20 for our Christmas Club Challenge. This time our challenge theme was selected by Rachel. Rachel wanted to see turkeys, camels or sheep. As always, if a member does not have any supplies that fit with the particular challenge for the week, it can be anything goes. I have plenty of turkey images, but they are for Thanksgiving or Fall cards, rather than Christmas. Discovered I don't have even any digi images of a sheep! So it had to be camels. As for those, only have camels with 3 Wisemen riding them.


So here's the card I made for today. As usual, it didn't end up as I'd envisioned when I started out.


SU Come to Bethlehem set for the 3 Wisemen and the sentiment

Die-Versions Bethlehem die

Taylored Expressions Poinsettia EF
Cuttlebug Snowfall EF

DI Dusty Concord, Seedless Preserves (DOX) and DI Chipped Sapphire for the sponged sky, and Aged Mahogany DI for the ground.

Brutus Monroe Copper Penny, Gilded Gold EP -(Star) and Ranger Queen's Gold

After sponging the watercolor weight c/s, stamped the SU image and heat embossed. My idea was to mask and have the city of Bethlehem in the distance. That didn't work. Sponged another c/s, used just the wisemen to stamp part of the image and again emboss. Die cut the Die-versions City of Bethelem and that didn't fit my idea. Decided to fussy cut the Wisemen from the first boo-boo. Cut the City die and placed it on the card so that I could layer the Wisemen in front of the buildings. Used some dimensional foam behind part of that die. Placed the cut out Wisemen over the stamped Wisemen- which created a shadow effect.

Edged this piece with some more Copper Penny to frame it. Cream lightweight c/s was embossed with a Taylored Expressions Poinsettia EF, and another cream piece embossed with the Cuttlebug Snow EF. Cut a border from the Snow EF, adhered all to a tent fold card base. Lastly the sentiment from the SU set was heat embossed with Queen's Gold, and colored with gray & lavendar copics, hand cut to fit the space, and edged with Queen's Gold.

Please take time to visit my CCC team members to see their ideas on this challenge. Their blogs are listed in the right hand sidebar. As always, thanks for taking the time to visit, and have a wonderful Sunday. Hugs


33 comments:

  1. A super card for our theme this time Mary, lovely use of this die set, inking and embossing to create a beautiful scene.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mary, lovely card. It's funny how they can take on a life of their own, I agree. Great job here. Hugs. Shaz X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card with the three Wise Men Mary, a true Christmas one.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love to see cards depicting elements of the Christmas story and this one is gorgeous Mary. The jewel colours and gold are perfect xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty card!
    Have a great day!
    Marilyn❤

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card, Mary, you've created a beautiful scene. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful scene Mary and loving that focal image....perfect for the challenge.....hope you are having a great weekend xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Mary, That's a nice card.

    Hope you are having a nice weekend. Sue

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card, like the dimension of the die cuts in your beautiful scene and of course the sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is rare that any of my cards end up like I thought they would so I understand. This one came out great. I really think you captured the dimension of the city and the wise men coming. I love that verse.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your attempt following your idea have had a beautiful result, even if different! Love the fab dimensions you achieved!
    Have a lovely Sunday, here it is at its end :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is such a great theme by Rachel and I love your interpretation of it, the scene you created is beautiful! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. A wonderful Christmas card about the true meaning of Christmas, my friend! Love the town of Bethlehem in the background!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful Christmas card Mary, your sponging on the sky and the sand are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Mary, wonderful card, love the scene and a camel is a camel with or without any wise men, love your inking in the background, just perfect for the challenge, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really like the texture you achieved by layering all your elements so beautifully! It looks like a miniature scene and I love the sparkle of the north star with your great background coloring too! Very pretty Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your card, Mary and your wonderful use of those dies. The sentiment in gold looks fabulous. Love the Bethlehem die too. Great job combining them.

    ReplyDelete
  18. There are so many beautiful things on this card. Your fussy cut Three Wise men, your palm tree, the fabulous Bethlehem village, and the beautiful North Star!

    Your card turned out so beautifully, Mary. That is a great sentiment too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. A wonderful scene Mary and love the dimensional Wise Men and pretty colours for the background, and lots of texture with the embossing too. x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Despite this cards refusal to co-operate Mary, the end result is stunning - well done on keeping on until you won!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  21. OMG! The colorful dimension in your creation is marvelous, Mary! Beautiful - and all those bright colors, I can hear the noises and smells of a caravan come to life! Amazing. My cards never turn out the way I plan them in my head. I usually like this because it's always a surprise in the end! LOL Enjoy your surprises because your cards are always gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Well it might not have ended up as you envisioned it, but it sure ended up beautiful Momma Mary! I love this scene you have created and I love the inking you have done. So beautiful, I almost feel like I am there watching the wisemen go by on their camel to see our Lord. Very, very cool card indeed! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  23. I think using camels was a great choice anyway and I love the wonderful scene you made with the wise men and their camels. I love the city of Bethlehem in the background too.

    ReplyDelete
  24. A beautiful card Mary, a lovely scene and gorgeous colours.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  25. It may not be as you wanted Mary, but I think it's just a perfect Christmas card with a traditional message. I LOVE it.
    Faith
    x

    ReplyDelete
  26. So glad you kept going and produced this gorgeous card. The blending looks fabulous, love the copper and the shadow effect looks great. Wonderful card Mary x.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Mary
    Stunning card... love the camels...
    Hugs Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love your city scene behind the camels. A perfect card ford the challenge. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful card Mary and I love the scene.I have just had a card order and had the ideal card in my head transferred to card--rubbish tried to save it ended up in the bin -glad your turned out beautifully
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  30. Never mind it didn’t turn out as envisioned, I think that was a good thing, because this is beautiful. I really like the colors. And the scenery fits the image perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a wonderful scene you've created Mary. My cards rarely turn out the way I think they will and usually I like that better! I'm a bit behind in comments but so glad I stopped by to see this card. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete