Good Morning, and welcome. I am having such fun lately, just messing about with sprays, Distress Inks & getting my fingers all inked up. Now if you knew me, you'd know I am sort of a 'conservative, controlled' type of personality, who has never liked getting my hands dirty (even as a small child). So this is a big departure from my usual copic coloring habits. LOL. I'm not terribly innovative with these sprays - as I see on many blogs - but oh, I'm having fun. I love anything where what you end up with 'can't be wrong'. (wonder why that is???)
So here's a latest effort...totally experimental.
the circular image started off as a watercolor attempt. The JustRite image was stamped on 140 wt w/c paper. Used Memento Gray Flannel, embossed with a clear powder, heat seat. Colored with Derwent Inktense pencils - just in places - not the entire leaf. Then used a waterbrush - very little water on the bristles - to shade the color outward towards the leaf end. Well, that was a real waste of time...looked terrible. Not one to give up, continued the background, in the same manner...then the trim around the circle. Background looked better than the flower, but didn't have any 'shading'. Diecut the image with a S/Binder and set aside to think about it for a while, Decided I would restamp a couple more images, colored them with copics. Handcut 2 images, and layered over the messed up w/color flower. Tried to do a bit of sculpting with the paper. This looked better...thought I could salvage it. (I have to remind myself "It's only paper"...I can toss it! I guess I hate to admit defeat). Added some Viva Décor gold pearls for the stamens.
Used DI in shades of blues, to get the blues I wanted for the background. Wanted to add something in peachy tones - not orange - to complement the blues. Used Spiced Marmalade and went over that with Festive Berries. It's not 'peach', but at least it helped with the very yellow tones in the Marmalade. I quite liked this background. Spritzed with some water, then some Perfect Pearls Gold Spray (A NBUS!) that I found in a container of sprays. (and all of these are NBUS (?es?) as I would buy them, but didn't use them). I'm still not great at spritzing!! Too heavy handed. Considered some stenciling, but wanted the flower to take center stage, so left things alone.
Hunted through a bunch of small paper packs looking for something either peachy or turquoise in tones. With all these small packs I have you'd think I'd have something that would go with, but not finding anything that reached out to grab me. THEN I found this lily paper in a $3.00 K&Co pack, (and yes, I know the price, 'cause the sticker is still on the front of the package). Aha, liked that. Hunted up a MS loopy punch, and Bob's Yer Uncle. Saw a sheer orange-y tone bow that I'd tied months ago, stuck back on the desk...final touch. The card is done.
I will add a sentiment when I need a quick card. With the Elizabeth Craft sentiment dies, it's easy to personalize a card. Or if I got real industrious, I could even stamp a small sentiment. The JustRite set the flower is on, has some small sentiments.
Thanks for joining me & stay cool wherever you are. If you're having evening thunderstorms as is our area, hope your power stays on as well, to keep those air conditioners humming. Hugs