Good afternoon at the start of another week. I've been trying to get some cards ready & scheduled to post as I have a second cataract surgery appointment this week. May not be on the pc for a few days afterwards.
Finally got myself busy yesterday afternoon and finished up my Spellbinder restorage project. Got all the dies out of their former cd & dvd containers (or the original plastic packing for quite a few of my collection) and placed onto magnetic sheets in Art Bin containers. Looks much neater & I hope it will be easier to locate a specific die. Heretofore, I've had to hunt through cd's/dvd's which were stacked or look through a box where the original packages were stashed. I've labeled the Art Bin containers as to "Labels", "Fancy Dies" "Holiday" "Flowers & Leaves", etc. On each sheet I used a label maker to note the die name, the S/B S- number and the number of dies. I'm still missing a large die that goes to one set. We'll see if this helps my disorganization & it was a good feeling to say "That task is done".
While doing this, I sat downstairs all afternoon & early into the wee hours watching some old Masterpiece Theater series that I've not seen since back in the mid-70's. One of which was Edward VII. I found it on Netflix - to which we recently subscribed - for the month's freebie to see if we like it. I'm liking it already! When I watched it over 30 yrs ago, I watched as weekly installment episodes. Yesterday it was lovely to watch an episode, then go right to the next one, & see what happened. This is a wonderful series if you have a chance to watch it. (and enjoy that kind of thing. I do!)
Anyhoo...here's my card for today:
- previously stamped image of a Stacy Stamp, cut out a 2nd image, adhered over top of the first image, after cutting with a S/Binder deckled rectangle die.. Used a YG03 copic marker to shade a bit over top of the green cattails. Sponged DI Sage Green around the edges while still in the die. I used a YG0000 to airbrush a little yellow-green on the background.
- Created a faux mat of a green snippet; trimmed another green snippet with the Genesis cutter for another mat. Covered white cardbase with a navy blue textured Bazzill snippet. MS lace punch created the border from the same green snippet as the first mat paper.
Thanks for joining me this afternoon, and now I'm off to the post office to mail a birthday card. Hugs