Good afternoon. Thank you all so very much for the sweet comments yesterday helping us celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary. As days go, it was quiet (we like quiet, so that was ideal!). In the evening, we went out for dinner with my #2 brother & SIL. We left in a heavy rainstorm, and on the way to the restaurant, had to backtrack, take another route, as a tree had blown down over the road. My SIL commented that every time we go out to eat, it seems as though it's raining. It had ended when we left the restaurant. We had not wanted a big party, but had planned an extensive trip out to some of our National Parks. However, some other things got in the way of that plan, so it's put 'on hold' for the moment. Not forgotten though!
Yesterday I was keeping track of the comments that came in, so I listed each one, numbering as to time it was posted. I had one post that came in on the sticky post (my fault for the confusion ....) on the 12th, so I included it in the count for the Random Generator, again using date/time as to the number sequence(it was #1). I had one last entry that came in about 2am on the 13th, but since I wasn't certain of the commenter's time zone, I also included that in the count. Tried to be fair to everyone who took the time to leave a comment. RG selected #7, and that number on my list was JIMLYNN. Count down time for the 48 hrs to contact me with your info, starts 7/13 at 1:30pm. So please leave a comment (and remember no one but me will see your private info) or if you have my email info, let me know how to get the candy to you. And CONGRATULATIONS! I hope you will like what I've selected.
Our deepest thanks to ALL who participated ...it helped to make our day very special...as did all the lovely cards & emails we received.
OK...here's a card to share today.
- diecut swirl is Memory Box Calypso Swirl, on a piece of watercolor paper, spritzed with Dylusions inks in blues & then spritzed with white. I had never diecut w/c paper, so I did a forward & back pass to cut, and it didn't cut as well as usual. I added a metal shim underneath the die & paper, did another double pass, very carefully as it was a thick sandwich. Didn't want to break the Big Shot. It cut very well, except in 2 small places, where I had to snip with scissors. Still very happy with the result....Just learned that one must experiment with the thicker weight paper.
- Butterfly is a Stampendous Sticker - had for a couple years. Used leftover package acetate (snippet!)
which I had colored with various shades of blue alcohol ink...cut out with the scissors. It turned out very pretty I thought. Added some tiny pink pearls for the body.
- Border was a Recollection border punch, found on my recent trip at a Michael's, on sale. (doesn't cut all that great either. Had to fuss with it as it doesn't seem to like thin paper or the better quality cardstock. I like the design though.)
- Sentiment is a clear PBlack stamp using Memento Sweet Plum, diecut with S/B Fancy Framed Tags One, also found on my trip.
- all papers are from various K&Co packs that I've had for a while.
I had a question about the border on the Rose Thank You card posted here... That border was one of the newer EK Success border punches that I found in Michael's...I don't know the name, but I'll take a picture of it, and post it, if that will help anyone who wants to find it. It cut quite well, as opposed to the Recollection one I used here.
So thanks for visiting today, and hopefully Jimlynn will see this post and contact me within the 48 hr window. Hugs & have a wonderful afternoon.