Good morning, and here's the start of another week. Gosh, we've gone through more than half of 2013 awready. How can this be?
There's a birthday coming up in my family and so here's the card I have ready for my baby brother (who is 8 yrs older than I am!). I shared this card & story last year. When trying to think of a theme for his birthday, I remembered I had this Just Rite vintage stamp, hunted it up, stamped it in Memento Rich Cocoa on Xpress paper colored with copics. Spica glitter pens used for a bit of glitz here & there on the image.
- - Stamp is from the Just Rite Going Places Vintage Labels set.
- Diecut with S/Binders Labels 8 die, sponged with DI Aged Mahogany while still in the die.
- background created with various DI colors, then stamped in DI Tea Die with a script stamp
- dark brown twine tied before adhering the focal image which has dimensional foam to raise off the background. Rounded the bottom edges.
- sentiment is stamped with a tiny stamp in Memento Rhubarb, punched with a square punch; white pearls colored with the same copic dark red marker used for the trim around the image.
Hope my brother likes this card, enjoys a few childhood memories when he sees it, and I hope you like it too. Thanks for joining me today, and have a Blessed day. Hugs