Happy Monday afternoon. Hope your weekend was pleasant. Ours was quiet, but relaxing. Today's card uses the same Sue Wilson stamp as the last post. Two images were stamped, but used 2 different products to heat emboss.
- Creative Expressions Sue Wilson Butterfly Meadow stamp used in this card. Stamped with Versamark, heat embossed with a Stampendous Pearl powder, which is quite pretty IRL. Used Derwent Colorsoft & Inktense pencils to color the design, then some of the elements were colored with a WoStella pen (has a tiny nib instead of the brush tip). Used some gamsol on the blue background to smooth out the pencil strokes.
- MB Darla Butterfly for the base - colored with alcohol inks on the silver backing of a soda can.
- MB Vivienne Butterfly overlay - done from a suede paper.
Used the dies to cover the stamped butterfly, as I didn't like the way the coloring turned out. I folded the die cut base, then folded the overlay...glued together, then glued the piece to the stamped image- which has the single butterfly wing. The stamped body, feet & antennae were left visible.
- Sue Wilson die - Spanish Collection (Valencia) used for the card shape after I realized the shape of this stamp would fit this die. The stamped image was hand cut. One piece of cardstock was die cut for the front base, and a plain piece of an appropriate size was cut longer, top portion folded to form a hinge at the top of the card.
- Impression Obsession sentiment stamped with Colorbox Fluid Chalk Azure Blue, then outlined with a Pentel gold pen. (I saw this done on a card, but don't remember which blog so that credit can be given for the inspiration).
At the Butterfly Challenge, Challenge #12 theme is summery colors/or a summer theme + butterfly. I believe this one meets those requirements, so I'm linking up with Butterfly Challenge #12.
Ya'll have a nice afternoon. I'm off to fix a good ole Southern tomato sandwich. Enjoy whatever you might be doing, and lots of hugs. Come again when you can.