Here is another card that has been in the works for a bit. Which means, the image had been colored and then decisions had to be made as to how to make a card. Thought this Stampavie scene with the little girl enjoying her watermelon might fit in with the Butterfly Challenge theme of a summer theme + a butterfly. In Southern USA, nothing says summer like eating watermelon...
- Clear Stampavie's "Love Nature" stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black on Copic Xpress paper, then colored with Copics, spica pens - with dashes of WoS for glimmer. The hardest part of this image to color was her hair, and the highlights & shading don't show well in the photo.
- pearlized green paper die cut with appropriate size circle die, then embossed with an EF. Appropriately sized circle dies cut the red check frame behind the green.
- Butterfly is from Vertigo (see further in this post). Die cut with MB butterfly (think it was the solid Darla). Wasn't sure how this plastic product would work with the wafer dies, so chose a solid die and didn't try to use an overlay. Sponged on Fluid Chalk inks with a finger dauber. A sentiment will be added at a later time when the card is needed.
Here's a picture of the Vertigo packages that I ordered:
Had seen this video showing the Tsukineko product, and then had a chance to order some at a sale price. These 6x6 packages have 3 sheets each.It's a lovely light reflective plastic like material, and the video recommends using a steel rule die (like Bigz or Tim Holt type of die). I wanted a small butterfly, so used a Memory Box solid butterfly wafer die. The sandwich was rolled back and forth several times; it did cut better than I expected. The video shows a different ink from what I have available, so used Colorbox Fluid Chalks in light colors. The video states there is a rough & smooth side, but I couldn't remember which surface to use for the inking, so did both sides. (it's easy to see which is the rough). Tried to shape with a stylus tool which didn't seem to work too well for me. Butterfly wings embossed with an EF. Since the right side package was used for the butterfly there was a pretty sheen, but no texture. Not sure if the photo shows this texture, but it's visible IRL. The glue adhering the insect body to the wings took a while to dry & adhere well. Afterwards, I wasn't totally keen on the pink & blue with the card colors, but it was an experiment, and I decided to use it anyway.
- Checked dp from a 6x6 American Crafts Autumn Crisp pack. Red & white checks just go with watermelon! [think picnic tables :-) ]. Hope you enjoy this one.
This afternoon I'm off to a Silhouette class for Dummies 102. I had 101 some while ago, and haven't used the Silhouette since the class. I hope they don't kick me out!!! I will try to catch up with all you lovely folks much later this evening.
Ya'll have a great day, and thanks for the visit. Hugs
Linking to Mrs. A's Butterfly Challenge #12 Summertime Butterflies