Hello. Still on my finishing UFOs roll, and here's the 2nd card I did with the floating die technique I saw on a Catherine Pooler Floating Inlay die video.
- Stamped the image with Versamark, embossed with white EP. Used Tim Holtz watercolor markers in shades of yellows to color. The photo looks quite washed out, IRL it looks more intense.
I didn't position the watercolor image properly to insert it behind the cutout on the stripe paper just right for the petals to fit. So....after watching Catherine's 2nd video, where she used acetate, I partially trimmed the w/c paper portion, adhered to some clear packaging acetate, and made it fit into the space as it needed to go. Worked just fine. Whew! However, where the 2nd flower is placed, there was just a slight gap.
Decided to color the image that had been fussy cut from the strip dp, and use it to cover the gap. This was done with Copic Yellow markers with a red fine line pen to outline the stamping. When I was placing the 2nd flower, the stripes were matching the card front. However as I was photographing, I noticed I had not placed it in line with the stripes when I stuck it down. Too late to pull it up (I did try :-0), but it was down pretty good. Decided to leave it as is, and call this my Amish touch (you know, when a quilt is made, there is a deliberate flaw...if you're a quilter, I'm sure you've heard of this!). At least the wonky stripe patterns make it stand out a bit.
Oh yes, the sentiment was done with the Sizzix Adventure set of dies...quite a few in the set. There is pale yellow c/s behind it, and I saved the bits from the stripe dp die cut, to add back in the letters d,s,o,e. It looks quite odd otherwise.
One more UFO done except for the insert! Thanks for your visit and come again when you can. Blessings.