Good evening, and welcome. Hope that any of my Northern states friends are ok with the snowstorm that dumped on you last night and today. We had sunshine, but brisk air with winds making it feel colder. Tonight the temps drop...but AH...No Snow!
Tonight's card was meant to go into the February CAS Mix Up Card Challenge. As I pulled up the blog to have available to link after finishing this post, I realized: No stamping! Dang it! So I'll share it anyway, and hopefully get time to do another card that has some corrugated paper, AND remember to stamp on it.
- Used Silk Glaze to watercolor the background, attempting to do an ombre effect on watercolor paper.
- Oval was a snippet from a die cut (using a recycled card). Thought it looked artsy behind the corrugated paper.
- Sprayed the corrugated paper snippet (which has been on the airbrush table who knows how long, and had oversprays of other colors on it too). Used Dylusions Fire Box red and an Adirondack spray red. Some of the earlier overspray colors - which included a gold, peek through the reds, and I quite liked the effect.
- Gina Marie Stitched Hearts die was cut from a snippet of dark red c/s. Then used Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel, 4 layers, heating between each layer, adding more versamark and another coat of UTEE. This creates a very glassy look. It's fun to crackle the product and then use a vintage ink to distress it.
- Hero Arts Valentine word sentiment die from 3 layers of glitter gold paper (snippet).
Hope you like this one. And I hope you'll be able to join in with the February CAS Mix Up Challenge. Remember: have stamping on the card too!!
The other evening, an old card from our Christmas Club Card (the Birds & wings card) showed up on the blog with the current date. Have no idea why or how this happened. I only realized it _had_ happened when some comments came in. Scurried quickly to the blog, and there was the old card. Figured out how to change the cuttrent publish date back in time, but for anyone who remembered the card, that's why a Christmas Club Card showed up. I blame it on Gremlins!!!
Thanks for joining me tonight. Ya'll stay warm. I'm off to finish up some visiting with blog friends, so catch you later. Got a bunch of Valentine cards that will be posted the next few days. Trying to get started on a few St. Patrick's and Easter cards. Big hugs.