Hello everyone and welcome. Today's card is themed to fit in with the Friday Funday Challenge H20 over at Jo's Scrap Shack and also will be used for a birthday for my #2 brother, who will be 83 next week. He was our Dad's birthday present many long years ago, as he was born just before midnight on the day before Dad's birthday of August 21. Some birthday present, huh? Joking aside, I would say that a baby was just about the most wonderful gift a parent could ever receive. Or should be!!
So here's the card:
- image is Impression Obsession F1762, Rowboat, colored with copics on Marcos Paper, Solar Crest. This paper works well with copics, but doesn't have the same buttery 'feel' to me that Copics Xpress paper does. However, that said, lots of my friends prefer this paper when using copics, and it does handle the alcohol inks very well. I airbrushed the sky background and tried to emulate some clouds. Die cut with S/Binders Label One, Die #5, sponged DI Stormy Sky around the edges.
- dark blue faux mat from a textured Paper Studio snippet used in earlier project. Larger mat with Paper Studio water patterned paper just cut to fit, corners rounded with a punch. I chose this DP to fit in with the water theme at Jo's Friday Funday Challenge. This DP was a leftover from the snippet box. I had to hunt to find it, but I _knew_ I had this paper!
- border was a candy win from Stamping with Loll, which I have been wanting to use on a card ever since I was the lucky recipient. I debated on using here, since my color scheme was in different shades of blue, but decided I liked the turquoise & white once I added the red anchor.
- Memory Box die cut anchor from a red snippet (and yes, I realize you tie a rowboat rather than anchor it, but I liked the nautical effect!) and I wanted to emphasize the red light house & sailboat. I colored a red lighthouse, since when we lived in So. Florida, we had the red Jupiter Lighthouse. Just a little bling with the topaz rhinestone.
- sentiment stamped on an IO tiny diecut snippet, tucked around the anchor.
Since this has quite a few snippety pieces on the card, I will be trotting it right along to the Playground Week 85. On the Week 83 challenge I got selected by the wonderful Random Generator to win this lovely Ryn rain drops stamp, which I have been wanting to own. If you heard any stamping of feet from someone doing the happy dance, it was me shaking the ground! (am I the only one who enjoys just looking at a beautiful stamp, but then dragging my feet when it comes to getting a lovely design dirty? I'm finding it so with these Ryn stamps. When I finally inked my water drops, it stamped out great.)
So please join me in checking out both the Water challenge with Friday Funday at Jo's Scrap Shack
and also come over to the Playground. You're guaranteed to see some inspiring cards at both places, and who knows, if you play along, you might be a lucky winner too. I'm proof that everyone has a chance! (Plus it was a lot of fun, and in my case, it kick starts me to make a card! LOL).
Thanks for joining me here, and have a beautiful afternoon. I'm off to validate a large visa bill, which has my stamp store splurges while on our July trip. Time to pay the piper! Hugs