Welcome and good afternoon. Hope that you all had a grand weekend. Ours was very quiet & mostly relaxing. Did some reading, worked on some cards...alas, no cleaning or housework (well aside from laundering sheets to change the bed. No biggie).
Recently I got some lovely Tattered Lace dies and here's a card with one die that I like very much.
- Tattered Lace Rose die which cut like a dream, even with all the intricacy. I did roll it back n forth a couple of times to be sure all the bits cut out well. Used some gold pearlized paper with a swirl pattern in it (think it is The Paper Studio brand - and from the snippet box). Tried different mat colors to see what made this gorgeous rose pop, and the royal blue glitter paper worked best. (It was a snippet left from removing the interior portion to get a mat for another card). This had been cut out with one of the S/B Card Creator dies.
- glittered black faux mat from the same S/B die that had cut the blue glitter paper.
- background created using sprays and water coloring (Daler Rowney Pearlescent blue), but I wanted this rose to be the focal point. Decided to cut the background into 4 sections, but the rose wouldn't fit on a horizontal card, so this configuration had to be used. Used a Couture Creations vine EF to emboss the sprayed background prior to snipping apart.
- Brilliance Galaxy Gold inked up an embossing folder and embossed smooth black c/which covers the card base with the same Couture Creations vine EF. The gold inking shows up quite nicely IRL.
- Starform gold sticker sentiment. The sticker sheet also had the tiny gold flowers so decided to add one on each of the sprayed pieces.
I'm taking this one over to the Snippet Playground for Week 144 and give my little buddy Parsnip a big hug! Won't you bring some of your snippety cards over to play along with us? You will definitely see plenty to inspire you, and meet some very lovely Snippeteers as well. Lots of fun to be had, and some prizes too.
Thanks for joining me. Hope you've got a wonderful week ahead of you. Come again soon. Big Hugs