Welcome to my Monday afternoon. We had a very quiet weekend, a bit cooler temps, and DH has been wrestling with a bad migraine off & on. Thankfully he seems better today, so hopefully the prescription that he got on Friday evening is finally beginning to take effect.
Today's card is done with a stamp that Mr. picked out at Michael's, using a 40% coupon. It's a rather large Stampendous wood stamp, and the background was done with some sprays, then inked with Versafine Black.
- background created from Dylusions and Lindy's Starburst sprays on a lightweight index card (an experimental spray session).
- Stampendous Dance Macawbre inked with Versafine Black ink, and stamped using Bonnie's Best Stamp press since it is quite a large stamp. Was not sure how this ink would work with the sprayed background, and it could have shown up a bit darker I think. The stamp was well inked, so the lightness has to be due to either the paper or the sprayed background.
- edges inked with DI weathered wood and black soot using a sponge, and some irResistible Pico clear fluid was applied in some of the areas - not showing well in the photo, but looks quite nice IRL. (It's on the umbrella, handle, dark spots on the skeleton and on the bottom scroll design).
- lettering cut with the Silhouette, using white cardstock. Colored with Copic 110, then applied black UTEE - 2 coats - for shine & dimension.
- black mat - interior portion removed, on a chartreuse card base. Done! One down for Halloween.
Can I just say I don't like skeletons or any spooky stuff like this, but DH does...Halloween is his holiday. Hmmm...wonder what that means???
Ya'll have a great afternoon, and thanks for joining me. Come again when you can. Blessings and hugs.