Hi, thanks for popping in. Thanks for all the lovely comments on the Poppies (or tulips) cards - you all made me feel so special! I liked that stamp and it was easy to card up. I want to try one more - using an embossed black against a pretty background. I think that will look fab too.
Here's another flower card, no sentiment decided upon as yet. I love the smell of lavender (well some of the lotions or candles don't always have the fragrance that I'm expecting, but the flowers themselves do. I've tried to grow it but unsuccessfully).
- Stamp was purchased at a garage stamp sale last month, and I think it's a PSX*. (which is why I spied it). Stamped with a light gray, colored with copics, WoS, and a Sakura silver star gel pen.
- a snippet of textured and rather glossy Bazzill was cut with a S/B (don't remember which one, but had to do some creative trimming, as the snippet was just not 'quite' large enough, and cut off a tiny sliver on one side.
- largest open die from the same set cut the turquoise mat, and it's got a sort of mulberry texture - but is not mulberry paper. (Guess I'm trying to say it has purplish slubs in the pattern & is pretty IRL).
- you've guessed that the background is a brusho effort using purple and turquoise, which was intended to go behind the image. It didn't look right, so thus the other papers came into play.
- card base is a top fold textured green also from the snippet box, but it was a pretty good size snippet, so perhaps doesn't rightly qualify for the term.
A sentiment will be added when the occasion arises to need this card. I have lots of relatives who like flowers, so it could be a get well, thinking of you, happy birthday, whatever. A die sentiment or a small stamped tag would work just fine at the time.
Ya'll have a good evening. Come by when you can visit a while. And I'll do my best to return all visits. Sometimes I'm not always certain that my comments get published, but I do try to make sure to always return visits to those sweet people who leave wonderful comments. Big hugs.
*Double checked this stamp and it does not say PSX on it..in fact, I can't find any markings, but it sure does have the look of a PSX image I think. However, I'm pretty sure that PSX stamps were labeled with identifying marks, and this wooden stamp has none that I see! Just tryin' to be honest, folks!