Good afternoon, welcome, and I hope you're not getting too bored with all the Thank You cards! Today's card is made from a lot of snippets that have been floating around on the desk, and so Yay! I'll get to go see my little buddy Parsnip!
First, though, please welcome a new follower, Suzanne from Keep In Touch. Suzanne is from the New England area, but recently had the huge treat of getting to meet Our Darnell (doesn't Everybody know Darnell?!); got to take a tour of the Famous Playhouse. That's how I got to meet Suzanne (via Blogland of course), but looking forward to getting to know a new friend. You might want to give a pop-in and enjoy some inspiration just as I did. I love this Play It Forward thing, don't you?
We have some very skillful & generous gardeners in our subdivision. Fortunately for us, they have been very kind to share some luscious tasting tomatoes with us this summer. The card is for these neighbors.
- Roses were stamped with a very old PSX stamp recently purchased at a local stamp garage sale. Colored with copics, added some WoS (clear!). Recently discovered an old pot of Judikins MicroGlaze, from a long ago stamp show (NBUS). Decided to see what it looked like if a bit was rubbed over the image, as it is supposed to provide a protective coat. Made the piece quite shiny. Oh yes, the stamping was done on a snippet of Copic Xpress paper.
- White embossed border is a snippet left over from this card, and the xstitched oval mat came from this card prior to embossing branches onto the created green background.
- The S/B mat behind all of this other stuff was a boo-boo that looked as though it might come in handy. What happened was the white strip at the bottom of the dp didn't get removed before any diecutting was done. For some reason, I cut the piece from the white reverse side, and oops, when I turned it over, there is that white printed strip to the left side of the dang die cut! Fortunately this was a 12x12 piece, so I had enough paper to finish out THAT project...and didn't clean the desk, so the embossed border covered up the Ooopsy.
- Top fold white card base was sponged with DI Salty Ocean, Twisted Citron and Abandoned Coral. Used some pearl & gold sprays to blend these colors and assembled the card. The MS punched butterfly hides another little Uh-Oh. When spreading the MicroGlaze on the white embossing, got a little crinkle in the paper. Punched 2 MS butterfly layers from a brusho-background, put these together so that no white shows under the wings, added some black pearls, and Voila.
- Elizabeth Craft die cut sentiment from more white snippets (3 layers), and colored with a pink WoS.
Parsnip, may I come play at the Snippets Playground? (BTW, it's week 185, and the gates are still open for 3 more days..psst, there's also a lovely MBox Christmas tree die on offer too, along with some truly fab inspirational cards. You don't wanna miss out, now do you?)
Thanks for popping in this afternoon. Big Hugs and lots of Blessings. Stay cool if the weather is as hot in your area as 'tis here.