Welcome. Thanks for stopping by on this sunny Thursday afternoon. Our sky has some thunderheads banking around so we may get another little storm this evening. The Mr. is out mowing the grass, and in a bit, I guess I should go out & act like I'm helping to do something. Before I do that, just wanted to post a card that I finished last evening. While browsing around some blogs, I had seen some nifty color combos using kraft & bright yellows...so thought I'd try my hand. To me, these bright colors lend a very summerish feel. Sorry I don't remember all the places I visited, so I can't provide specific links for my inspiration colors. I had been trying to return some blog visits, and then I'd see a link, check it out, and just 'wander the blogs' for a bit. Saw these colors used in quite a few recent cards.
- Cheery Lynn English Tea Party doily diecut in yellow & white patterned paper I rolled the sandwich back & forth through the Big Shot multiple times, also rotating quarter turns. I don't have the best luck with these CL doily dies, but this one did fine. I should add that I had the metal Cuttlehug plate underneath the die, with the dies blade facing up, then paper. Normally I place the die with the blade facing down, but with the CL dies, that doesn't work for me.
- overstamped doily center using a Rubbernecker wildflower stamp & SU whisper white, so that there would be more background for my next diecut
- Memory Box Flutter Vine diecuts - snippet of Copic Xpress white, then colored with Inktense pencils. Used a waterbrush to blend out the colors
- kraft background embossed with Darice Baby's Breath EF
- sentiment Elizabeth Craft with a dark blue snippet
- blue & white dotted ribbon from stash
Until next time, have a wonderful day, enjoy whatever it is that you may be doing, and God Bless. Come again soon. Hugs