Followers

5/30/2013

Funday Friday Challenge

Hello and a big warm South Carolina Welcome to 2 new followers, Shannon & Mariaan. I'm always delighted 'to meet' new people so thanks for joining me.

Another blog friend had sent me a link to this challenge where she is a DT member, so I thought I'd give it a whirl using the sketch. The challenge can be found here. This will be my first visit to Jo's Scrap Shack, so thanks Brenda  for pointing the way and encouraging me. Here's the card I made for the Funday Friday Challenge, using the sketch, hope you like it.



Card Specs:
 Squares were cut from cardstock where I had experimented with brayering, then stamping. I was not
happy with the brayer results, so this piece has been hiding on my desk for a while. After taking another look at the results, I used an SU scallop punch to get 4 squares from the brayered piece, then matted each with a brown snippet from the pile. I guess I can call the focal squares a snippet also, since the pieces have been hanging around for a while. LOL. Couldn't decide what to do with these squares, so they just kept getting moved from this pile to that pile, until I saw the sketch at Funday Friday Challenge. AHA, my snippet squares could work for that, maybe. Off I go to create!!!

The sketch shows a background border piece (which I also cut from a snippet of Christmas paper ...so you know how long that's been in the pile!) The colors looked ok together with the focal squares AND the piece was big enough I was able to diecut a wreath with a new Memory Box die.(to be used on another project in the future).  Looked a the leftover center of the wreath, (snippet, snippet!) and thought, that might look nice behind the squares set on point. In searching for a cardbase that was in the peachy tone, I found a leftover that was big enough to cut a cardbase. The original piece was a 12x12, off which I had trimmed off a small border portion for another project. The colors seemed to go ok for me, so I hunted up an EF folder. This is one by Darice, which I forget the name. But if you should want to know, I can provide it. Then to finish off the sketch requirements, I added some pearls made with Viva Décor copper in the positions shown by the sketch.

Since I have so many snippets on this little card, I think I shall just pop round to Pixie's Playground. I hear some folks have been playing in the pond (?skinny dipping? and is it warm enough?LOL), plus there is a wow of a prize available. I sure hope you can check it out, maybe submit a card (or 2 or 3!).

Thanks for joining me today, and catch ya later. Have a grand afternoon. Hugs.

8 comments:

  1. So many snippets you have me in a spin. Great re use of all bits and pieces that you had discarded. The the colouring . Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card Mary. All those tonal pieces look great cut up and laid in this way. Well done you!
    As for your comment about about the DVD cases, why not put your cling on stamps in them? I have put sets in mine that I took the dies out of...recycling again!!
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary, this is such a beautiful card! Love the vivid colors! I looked over some of your other posts and they are fantastic. Great work (or Play) LOL
    Hugs
    Darcy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary thank you so much for visiting my blog and playing our first Funday Friday Challenge! Your card is beautiful! I love the colors and all that beautiful embossing!

    Hugs,
    Jo
    <a href="http://jwscrapshack.blogspot.com</a>

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Mary this card is so awesome! I am so loving the colors and the embossing! Love the circle behind the scallop squares! So unique looking! You rock my friend! Thanks for joining in with us at Jo's Funday Friday;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the warm tones on this card. You always have such nice embossed card elements on your cards. This one is very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Mary, gorgeous colours and I love the embossing too Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Mary thanks for joining in at Jo's Funday Friday. I love the snippets that have come together for your card. Outstanding. TFS

    ReplyDelete