I have another card to share today, which probably should be considered a sympathy card. However, I liked Thinking of you better, and used my Elizabeth Crafts die instead of stamping, so hence the name. This card is for a fellow blogger, whom I've never met in person...yet I wanted to let the person know I was indeed thinking about her. I know she likes birds, so I've been working on this one & finally got it finished. I hope she will enjoy the card, be pleased that someone had thought of her, and that it will convey my caring.
- image is an Inkadinkadoo stamp, colored with copics (stamped on a snippet of Xpress cardstock)
- Diecut with S/binders Label 30 (S5-157). Airbrushed background while still in the die, with E41,42, and a touch of E43 at outer edges
- cardbase is a mottled burnt orange, trims are MS punches from a Paper Studio stack (De Ja Blue) chosen because it had the blues & orange-brown tones that I thought would go well with the bird colors
- Memory Box diecut birds from a snippet of some Christmas paper bits lying in the pile, that were just the perfect size for this tiny bird ...and when diecut, you'd never guess it was a Christmas theme paper.
- Sentiment was also diecut from a snippet of copper toned metallic paper. (saved from diecutting interior bits to save weight/layers on a card. These little pieces can come in very handy).
The diecut birds were a last minute add-on...I wasn't totally sure it wasn't 'too much'. I intended to add just one, on the left to balance the card. That didn't look quite right, so I added the 2nd bird. What do you think? I believe I'll see if the ladies in the Playground might offer a bit of wisdom....I'd enjoy having you surf along with me to see what they have to offer.
So I hope that wherever you are in the world, things are marching along the way you'd prefer. We are having quite a bit of wind in my area today with overcast skies. I'm hoping to get some blog visiting done, and enjoy some good inspiration as I see what all you talented cardmakers are showing. Hugs & thanks for visiting. See ya next time.