Good Morning and welcome! It's a lovely morning in our area, and I'm so thankful that it be so. We've seen all the devastation in Oklahoma on the news, and it really brings home the fact that after all our modern technology, Mother Nature (by whatever name you choose to call it) is STILL in charge. Our hearts go out to those fellow citizens who have lost loved ones, their homes or if not that, just lived through a horrendous storm. I've been through a small tornado, nearly 46 years ago (my daughter was 3 wks old) and I still remember that fright. If I could, I'd like to ask for your prayers for my countrymen in Oklahoma & Kansas.
I've been working on my Spellbinder organization again..taking the dies out of the cd cases where I've stored them, putting into the magnetic pages of the Art Bin cases I showed you earlier. Making progress.
After working on that for a while last evening, I got busy and made this card. I had all the elements ready to make it; was just a case of 'getting rountoit'.
- Inkadinkadoo 2 stamp set. Fern leaf inked with Memento Bamboo Leaves, Cottage Ivy on the left leaf; Colorbox Lime Green & Bamboo Leaves on the right. Center leaf inked with Lime Green & Warm Green in Colorbox inks. Stamped on a white Xpress snippet. Diecut with a S/Binder rectangle that fit the size I wanted; faux matted with the same die in a dark green Bazzill snippet.
- white background embossed with Darice Dots (if you look closely at the top you can see a dot!)
- pale yellow embossed with a Darice border flower motif (sorry, don't know the name...come 3 to a pack...got the set at A C Moore's).
- Sentiment is Elizabeth Craft die, on another snippet that just fit ...I got it a little askew, but the glue had set fast and when I tried to straighten, it started to tear, so I left it alone!
- Cardbase is a lime colored Bazzill textured, heavyweight cardstock. Everything on this card, except for the cardbase, is from the snippet pile that grows on my worktable.
In spite of the crooked sentiment, I still like this card!! It looks happy to me, and I hope you'll think so too.
I see the Playground is still open, so I'm going to dash over to check out what those crafty ladies have been up to, so won't you dash along with me? There's loads to ooh & aah over, and if you've got lots of snippets, maybe think about jumping right in.
Thanks for joining me today, and have a wonderful Wednesday afternoon. Hugs.