- green snippet embossed with a butterfly folder
- PBlack Vintage sticker (from 2004 - stash oldie), matted with a blue snippet, then a pink snippet (guess the sticker could be called a snippet too!)
- MS punched butterfly - a snippet
- Memory box diecut lacey border - punched from paper colored with H20's (in a long-ago class where we were just 'making stuff') - a snippet
- sentiment punched with SU oval & scalloped punches. White snippet which looked way too white on this card, so I sponged some Memento Desert Sand then a bit of pink DI - think it was Victorian Velvet or Spun Sugar.
I had a nice long nap this afternoon, so I think I'm ready to dash over to the Playground...see if the fun is still going on. (There's a bunch of snippets here, so they may let me in the gate. I understand there is a new pet to admire...) Won't you come along....and you'll see some astounding cards made using up snippets. (otherwise called scraps, and snippets sounds SO MUCH nicer! <g>)
OK...I put in a page break for those who don't want to travel by pictures...here are a few pictures
You can see in the clouds that a storm was rapidly approaching. We did get caught in the rain
some pretty flowers & trees around the Mall
The Space Shuttle Discovery at another Smithsonian Aerospace Museum, at Chantilly, Virginia
These hughmongous engines were hanging off the back of the shuttle. DH worked at an aerospace company that helped to build some of these babies. I tried to get the entire shuttle in a frame, but when I got back far enough to accomplish that, the picture was blurry...so my shot was of the front part of this hugh craft and then at the rear, what powered it. Ummm, glad I wasn't along for the ride!!!
My pictures don't do justice as to how enormous this craft and those engines really are.
OK, that's it for me this evening. Thanks for your visit. I hope I will be caught up with post-vacation household stuff shortly, so I can pay some blog visits. Thanks to all of you who come by to leave such kind comments. I WILL be over to visit soon. Til then, God Bless.